- Medicine - 17:02 How stem cell research and regenerative medicine saved this man's life
- Pedagogy - 16:01 'Redshirting' kids yields no advantage in higher education
- Physics - 16:01 Physicists close in on world's most sensitive resonators
- Agronomy - 15:02 More secondary schools serve healthier lunches
- Medicine - 15:02 McGill gets $91.5 Mln in CIHR funding
- Life Sciences - 15:01 Young Animal Welfare Scientist of the Year
- Mechanical Engineering - 14:01 EPSRC rail consortium shows how to cut costs and reduce delays
- Agronomy - 13:01 Chill- tolerant hybrid sugarcane also grows at lower temperatures
- Mechanical Engineering - 13:00 CMU’s Software Engineering Institute Contract Renewed by Department of Defense for $1.73 Billion
- Computer Science - 13:00 CMU’s Soccer- Playing Robots Score Fifth International RoboCup Win
- Life Sciences - 13:00 Bristol undergraduates publish parasite research
- Medicine - 12:02 A marked improvement in health and healthcare for Medicare patients
- Social Sciences - 11:22 Children are Flexible Social Learners, Study Finds
- Medicine - 11:03 U of’T to transform regenerative medicine thanks to historic $114- million federal grant
Abstracts wanted for Pediatric Research Day
Guidelines for reporting of child abuse, sexual assault
Board chair and vice chair issue statement on questions about Paterno
Alumni Town Hall meetings begin in Pittsburgh
Panel discussion ’Responding to Child Sexual Abuse’ set for Jan. 24
Penn State President Erickson signs employment contract
Pediatric Research Day, sponsored by Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital , will be held from noon to 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 5, at the Hershey Lodge, and abstracts are needed. This event is an opportunity to showcase ongoing research into children’s health issues and to identify new collaborations that will help produce tomorrow’s breakthroughs.
All Penn State researchers, physicians, residents, staff and students who contribute to the mission of advancing pediatric research or who feel that their research may have the potential to do so are invited to submit abstracts of new work or work presented at national meetings in the past two years to be included in the Research Day abstract book. Accepted abstracts will be presented in either poster or lecture format. Posters presented recently at local or national meetings are suitable for presentation.
Pediatric Research Day is a fantastic networking opportunity, and faculty at all Penn State campuses are encouraged to submit as long as the work relates to the understanding or improvement of care delivered to the pediatric population. Basic science and clinical abstracts are equally encouraged. Nurses, medical students and graduate students are also encouraged to contribute.
To view the website and submit an abstract, go to pennstatehershey.org/web/pedsresearchday/home.
Abstracts must be received no later than Feb. 13. Only completed abstracts will be accepted. Direct questions concerning submissions or about Research Day to Heather Stokes, hstokes [a] hmc.psu (p) edu.
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 28.7
Faculty Position in Plasma Physics
- Civil Engineering - 28.7
Faculty Positions in Transportation Engineering and Transportation Systems
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.7
4 Doctoral Student/Post-Doc Positions (Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
- Life Sciences - 22.7
Wissenschaftliche Assistenten und Assistentinnen in angewandter Forschung
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.7
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e dans le domaine Intervention en situation scolaire
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.7
Projektleiter/in als Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80−100 %) Arbeits- und Organisationspsychologie...
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Environmental Management
- Environmental Sciences - 27.7
Assistant Professor: Global Environmental Change (1, 0 FTE)
- Arts and Design - 15.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Musiktheater-Regie (BV gem. § 99 UG )
- Social Sciences - 13.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Instrumental- und Gesangspädagogik (BV gem....
- - 28.7
- - 28.7
- Microtechnics - 28.7
Associate Professor in Oceanic Engineering Science
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.7
Assistant Professor in Additive Manufacturing Operations Research
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 28.7
Asst/Assoc/Full Professor - Anesthesiology
- Literature/Linguistics - 28.7
Assistant Professor in Modern Chinese Languages