Guidelines for reporting of child abuse, sexual assault
- Agronomy - 14:02 Salt levels in restaurant meals "alarmingly high" - legislation needed, says researcher
- Medicine - 13:01 Study puts price tag on informal caregiving for elderly in the USA
- Life Sciences - 13:01 Obituary: John Postgate
- Chemistry - 13:00 Nanotubes that Insert Themselves into Cell Membranes
- Life Sciences - 12:01 Comment: Scared out of your mind: Halloween, fear and the brain
- Social Sciences - 11:02 Consumer sentiment in October highest in seven years
- Life Sciences - 11:01 Manchester graphene paper among top 100 citations of all time
- Medicine - 11:01 The power of the moustache at Manchester Science Festival
- Pedagogy - 11:00 Many popular teaching practices are ineffective, warns new report
- Life Sciences - 10:00 The man with a thousand brains
- Environmental Sciences - Oct 30 Does it help conservation to put a price on nature?
- Medicine - Oct 30 European salamanders and newts vulnerable to fungal disease from Asia
- Business - Oct 30 Bringing space research closer to home: a roundup from Imperial’s SpaceLab 2014
- Business - Oct 30 Q&A with U-M Ford School dean: Economy and midterm election campaigns
- Medicine - Oct 30 Edie & Lew Wasserman Building opens in Stein Plaza at UCLA
Abstracts wanted for Pediatric Research Day
Board chair and vice chair issue statement on questions about Paterno
Alumni Town Hall meetings begin in Pittsburgh
Panel discussion ’Responding to Child Sexual Abuse’ set for Jan. 24
Penn State President Erickson signs employment contract
Pediatric Research Day, sponsored by Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital , will be held from noon to 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 5, at the Hershey Lodge, and abstracts are needed. This event is an opportunity to showcase ongoing research into children’s health issues and to identify new collaborations that will help produce tomorrow’s breakthroughs.
All Penn State researchers, physicians, residents, staff and students who contribute to the mission of advancing pediatric research or who feel that their research may have the potential to do so are invited to submit abstracts of new work or work presented at national meetings in the past two years to be included in the Research Day abstract book. Accepted abstracts will be presented in either poster or lecture format. Posters presented recently at local or national meetings are suitable for presentation.
Pediatric Research Day is a fantastic networking opportunity, and faculty at all Penn State campuses are encouraged to submit as long as the work relates to the understanding or improvement of care delivered to the pediatric population. Basic science and clinical abstracts are equally encouraged. Nurses, medical students and graduate students are also encouraged to contribute.
To view the website and submit an abstract, go to pennstatehershey.org/web/pedsresearchday/home.
Abstracts must be received no later than Feb. 13. Only completed abstracts will be accepted. Direct questions concerning submissions or about Research Day to Heather Stokes, hstokes [a] hmc.psu (p) edu.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 31.10
Doktorand / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Medienwissenschaft
- Microtechnics - 31.10
- Life Sciences - 31.10
- Social Sciences - 29.10
Professorship in Sociology or Anthropology of Tourism
- Mechanical Engineering - 29.10
Dozentin / Dozent Mechanik, Festigkeitslehre und Werkstofftechnik
- Mechanical Engineering - 29.10
Professorin / Professor Produktionstechnik und Automation
- Physics - 30.10
Professor of Cosmoparticle physics
- Administration - 29.10
Professor II /førsteamanuensis delstilling innen anvendt atomskalamodellering
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Social Sciences - 4.9
Juniorprofessur für Ethnologie mit Schwerpunkt, Politische Anthropologie (mit tenure track)
- Earth Sciences - 30.10
- Computer Science - 30.10
- Physics - 29.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Physical Education
- Microtechnics - 27.10
Professor of Electronics and Systems Engineering
- Mathematics - 31.10
Applied Mathematics- Assistant or Associate Professor (AA8802)
- Chemistry - 31.10
Assistant / Associate/Full Professor-Chemical Engineering