If you made your application online before the deadline 16 January at www.universityadmissions.se for Bachelor’s or Master’s studies at Lund University starting in autumn 2012 and submitted your documents and paid your application fee (if applicable) before 1 February, the following information explains what happens next.
Students applying to Lund University through any of the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 scholarship programmes have a different application process and can find instructions on their process on the website of the specific project.
- Medicine - Aug 30 Novartis’ new heart failure medicine LCZ696 cut cardiovascular deaths by 20% vs. ACE- inhibitor in landmark PARADIGM-HF trial
- Administration - Aug 29 Twenty- five names added to University’s First World War roll of honour
- Life Sciences - Aug 29 Going to Extremes for Enzymes
- History - Aug 29 Anti- Semitism surge in Europe reflects loss of values, historical awareness, says Stanford scholar
- Philosophy - Aug 29 Critics pour cold water on the Ice Bucket Challenge: are they right?
- Life Sciences - Aug 28 Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
- Careers - Aug 28 Comment: A stuttering recovery is the smokescreen for an attack on European employment rights
- Medicine - Aug 28 Arthritis patients failing to take expensive medication, according to research
- Life Sciences - Aug 27 A touching story: The ancient conversation between plants, fungi and bacteria
- Social Sciences - Aug 27 Cool Roofs in China Can Save Energy and Reduce Emissions
- Astronomy - Aug 27 Singing astronaut inspects space engineering projects
- Physics - Aug 26 Scientists craft atomically seamless, thinnest- possible semiconductor junctions
- Medicine - Aug 26 Health Digest: Ebola outbreak, HIV persistence, kids’ sleep routines
- Earth Sciences - Aug 26 Stanford geophysicist discusses what weekend’s earthquakes mean for future
- Business - Aug 26 Professor comments on the ills of foregoing vacation days
- Earth Sciences - Aug 26 Comment: What architects can learn from designing with children
Applied to autumn 2012 studies at Lund? -This is what happens next
2 February 2012
Exchange students coming to Lund in autumn 2012 also have a separate process and the information in this update does not apply to you. Instead, read more about exchange studies here.
Notification of results
To get updates on the status of your application log in to your page at www.universityadmissions.se. Notification of the admission results will be announced in be sent to you. You must log in to your account to see the results. If you have been selected, you will also receive an email from your programme coordinator with within a few days after the results are out.
Please note that the notification of selection results on your page at universityadmissions.se is the official letter of offer and you will need to print this and use it when you apply for your residence permit.
Accepting the offer
In order to keep the offered place on the programme or course that you have accepted to, you must reply to the offer by 2 April 2012. If you do not accept your place, it will be given to another student.
Students on reserve list
If you have been placed on the reserve list it is important that you accept your place by replying to the offer by 2 April 2012. This is to ensure that you will be considered for any places that become available in the second selection round. The notification of results from the second selection round will be announced on your page at universityadmissions.se in mid-April.
If you have applied for the Lund University Global Scholarship, the results will be sent to you in an email around the same time (mid-March) as the notification of results from the selection process of the study programme/course that you have applied to. You will receive detailed instructions in the email regarding how to accept the scholarship offer, deadlines etc.
If you have been admitted to a programme and have not yet applied for a scholarship or were not selected for the Lund University Global Scholarship, you may still have a chance to apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship , depending on what country you are from and which programme you have applied to.
Tuition fees, residence permits and housing
The first step after being offered a place in a programme or course is to accept the offer. Once you have done this, you can start thinking about the next steps in the process. If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen it is likely that you are required to pay tuition fees. To find out more about tuition fees, read here. Invoices with the first instalment of the tuition fee will be sent out in early May 2012. Before that, you will receive from us regarding payments and access to your student account (where you must go to pay your invoice). Please note that no invoices are sent out via regular post.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU/EEA country, you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit in Sweden for your study period. Read more here about residence permits. For details on how to apply for a residence permit, visit the Swedish Migration Board website.
Once you have accepted the offer from a programme or course here at Lund University, we will send you regarding housing. Until then, you can read more here about housing for international students at Lund University.
Missed the 16 January deadline and still want to apply for autumn 2012?
Some programmes may be open for late applications. You can find programmes and courses here. On the programme or course webpage you will find a link on the right hand side with the application information. If the course or programme is open for late applications, there will be a message here with the link “Apply late”. When you click on this link you will automatically come to the national application website www.universityadmissions.se where you fill out the online part of the application and can read the instructions for sending your supporting documents.
A summary of the key steps to apply can also be found here.
General questions about studies at Lund University can be sent by email to masters [a] er.lu (p) se or be posted on our facebook page www.facebook.com/lunduniversity.
We wish you the best of luck in the selection process!
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 29.8
Post-doc or research scientist for aerosol chemistry
- Business - 29.8
Wissenschaftliche/r MitarbeiterIn und DoktorandIn in Bank- und Finanzmanagement
- Life Sciences - 29.8
PhD position: Bioinformatic data integration: Assessing microbial biodiversity of agricultural ecosystems...
- Physics - 27.8
Lecturer Sustainable Energy Systems
- Psychology - 25.8
Professor in Counseling Psychology
- Psychology - 25.8
Professeur-e en psychologie du counseling
- Administration - 31.8
- Medicine - 31.8
Professor of Public Health Nutrition
- Physics - 22.8
University Assistant (prae doc)
- Computer Science - 19.8
Professur Signal Processing (m/w)
- Business - 31.8
Professur, Betriebswirtschaftslehre/ Nachhaltige Finanzdienstleistungen, insbesondere Banken"
- Law - 29.8
Professur für Strafrecht und Strafprozessrecht
- Business - 27.8
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance
- Medicine - 26.8
Departmental Personal Assistant
- Social Sciences - 1.9
Professor of Sociology: Family Sociology
- Social Sciences - 1.9
Assistant / Associate/Full Professor of Sociology: Demography