Daniel Karlin, Winterstoke Professor of English Literature at the University of Bristol has recently had his contribution to a multi-volume edition of the poetry of Robert Browning (1812-89) published in the prestigious Longman Annotated English Poets series.
- Astronomy - 11:02 Unique images bring fossil insects back to life
- Medicine - 11:02 Map of hepatitis C strains should help eradication efforts
- Social Sciences - 10:02 “Not enough Undecideds moving towards ‘Yes’ vote”
- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis vaccine Bexsero sees high uptake in first large- scale public vaccination program to help protect against devastating meningitis B
- Medicine - 07:02 New research to tackle treatment for lung disease
- Careers - 07:01 Tribunal fees have ‘severely limited access to justice’ for workers
- Business - Jul 28 Why aren't consumers buying remanufactured products?
- Medicine - Jul 28 Scissoring the lipids
- Astronomy - Jul 28 Venus Express: up above the clouds so high
- Medicine - Jul 28 Three of four California children with mental health needs don’t get treatment
- Medicine - Jul 28 Shutsung Liao, biochemist who studied role of hormones in prostate cancer, 1931- 2014
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 ’Next time we will win!’: Gaza’s cycles of violence
- Architecture - Jul 28 3-D printing helps designers build a better brick
- Business - Jul 28 Field day offers insight into hops industry
- Mechanical Engineering - Jul 28 Cruising high seas, engineers detect fake GPS signals
- Astronomy - Jul 28 Rocket Research Confirms X-Ray Glow Emanates from Galactic Hot Bubble
Volume 4 of The Poems of Robert Browning, jointly edited with John Woolford of the University of Manchester and Joseph Phelan of De Montfort University, covers Browning’s poetry from 1862 to 1871 (with the exception of The Ring and the Book, Browning’s longest poem, which will occupy a volume of its own).
This volume contains some of Browning’s most famous dramatic monologues, including ’Caliban upon Setebos’ and ’Mr Sludge, "the Medium"’, and two long works, Balaustion’s Adventure and Prince Hohenstiel-Schwangau, Saviour of Society. These major poems demonstrate Browning’s astonishing range of subject matter and tone: the first a highly original translation/adaptation of Euripides’ Alcestis, the second a mordant satire on the career of Napoleon III.
The poems are presented in the order of their composition and in the text in which they were first published, giving a unique insight into the origins and development of Browning’s art. In keeping with the tradition of Longman Annotated English Poets , full and informative annotations and headnotes provide details of composition, publication, sources and contemporary reception.
Last job offers
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Professeur-e en développement durable
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mathematics - 28.7
Associate Professor / Professor in Applied Mathematics, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics...
- Medicine - 28.7
Leonard p Ullmann Chair in Translational Metabolic Health
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Medicine - 25.7
Professur (W3) für Anatomie, Kennziffer W876
- Chemistry - 28.7
Research Administrator for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Chemistry - 28.7
Laboratory Manager for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Medicine - 29.7
Assistant or Associate Professor
- Administration - 28.7