Daniel Karlin, Winterstoke Professor of English Literature at the University of Bristol has recently had his contribution to a multi-volume edition of the poetry of Robert Browning (1812-89) published in the prestigious Longman Annotated English Poets series.
- History - 09:00 New book lays Gallipoli legend to rest
- Business - 08:00 Novartis delivered solid sales and profit growth in the first quarter of 2014
- Computer Science - 06:00 It’s a bubble, but not as we know it
- Physics - Apr 24 Probing the sound of a quantum dot
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 23 Invasive vines swallow up New York's natural areas
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 23 Expert cautions: 'Nature never forgets nor forgives'
- Chemistry - Apr 23 Wearable technologies flourish as functional fashion
- Medicine - Apr 23 UHealth: Leader in Breakthrough Technology
- Agronomy - Apr 23 New dean to lead Faculty of ALES into its second century April 23, 2014 Stanford Blade, CEO of ...
- Medicine - Apr 23 A holistic approach to targeting cancer
- History - Apr 23 Tracing the history of pity
- Arts - Apr 23 An 18th century lesson for the budding musicians of today
- Medicine - Apr 23 Manchester Psoriasis Shout Out raising awareness of the skin condition psoriasis
- Medicine - Apr 23 Fundraisers go behind the scenes at University cancer research labs
- Computer Science - Apr 23 A Key To Enjoying Massive Online Photo Files May Be Giving Up Some Control, Researchers Say
- Civil Engineering - Apr 23 Planning professor-turned- entrepreneur to help SF tackle urban problems with Big Data
Volume 4 of The Poems of Robert Browning, jointly edited with John Woolford of the University of Manchester and Joseph Phelan of De Montfort University, covers Browning’s poetry from 1862 to 1871 (with the exception of The Ring and the Book, Browning’s longest poem, which will occupy a volume of its own).
This volume contains some of Browning’s most famous dramatic monologues, including ’Caliban upon Setebos’ and ’Mr Sludge, "the Medium"’, and two long works, Balaustion’s Adventure and Prince Hohenstiel-Schwangau, Saviour of Society. These major poems demonstrate Browning’s astonishing range of subject matter and tone: the first a highly original translation/adaptation of Euripides’ Alcestis, the second a mordant satire on the career of Napoleon III.
The poems are presented in the order of their composition and in the text in which they were first published, giving a unique insight into the origins and development of Browning’s art. In keeping with the tradition of Longman Annotated English Poets , full and informative annotations and headnotes provide details of composition, publication, sources and contemporary reception.
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 24.4
Post-Doctoral Position in Protein Engineering
- Social Sciences - 23.4
Dozentin / Dozent mit Unterrichts- und Forschungstätigkeit
- Computer Science - 23.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (70 %) Neue Bildungsinhalte im Bereich Informatik
- Media Sciences - 23.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (60 %) Kommunikation und Organisation neuer Bildungsinhalte im Bereich Informatik...
- Literature - 22.4
Doktorand/in Französische Linguistik Schwerpunkt Angewandte Linguistik
- Civil Engineering - 22.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiterin / Wissensch. Mitarbeiter Luft-Wasserreinheit
- Pedagogy - 23.4
Assistant professor Television Studies
- Study of Religions - 23.4
Assistant professor of Gender, Ethnicity and Religion (0, 7 fte)
- Arts - 23.4
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Klavier / Klavierduo (BV gem. 99 UG 2002)...
- Business - 16.4
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non-tenure-track)
- Medicine - 23.4
Professur für Transfusionsmedizin und Immunhämatologie
- Mathematics - 23.4
Assistant Professorship in Statistics
- Physics - 23.4
WRIPA Project Manager
- Administration - 23.4
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Public Policy (Public Administration and Management)
- Medicine - 24.4
Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor
- Medicine - 24.4
Instructor / Asst Prof / Assoc Prof - OB/Gyn (Generalist)