Daniel Karlin, Winterstoke Professor of English Literature at the University of Bristol has recently had his contribution to a multi-volume edition of the poetry of Robert Browning (1812-89) published in the prestigious Longman Annotated English Poets series.
- Medicine - 17:02 £16 million funding announced to create unique medical imaging facility
- Law - 16:07 Comment: What will MH17’s black boxes reveal?
- - 13:06 UChicago to test cAlert emergency system on July 24
- Environmental Sciences - 13:00 North Atlantic right whale's prospects tied to climate
- Medicine - 13:00 Researchers answer 'provocative question' on breast cancer
- History - 13:00 Carnegie Mellon’s Scott Sandage Helps "Modern Family’s" Jesse Tyler Ferguson Learn His Family History on "Who Do You Think You Are?"
- Microtechnics - 10:05 Fly’s Super- Hearing Power Could Aid Humans
- History - 10:02 ‘Pompeii of the north’ revealed by archaeologists
- Business - Jul 22 Research hub to boost dairy product innovation
- Business - Jul 22 Innovations set to improve dairy products
- Microtechnics - Jul 21 Toyota Gift Will Support Penn Research on Automotive Electronic and Computer Systems
- Medicine - Jul 21 Some aggressive tumors silence genes that fight cancer
- Life Sciences - Jul 21 Metabolic Enzyme Stops Progression of Most Common Type of Kidney Cancer
- History - Jul 21 Comment: Don’t stop toddlers running around museums – it could help them learn
- Microtechnics - Jul 21 Migrating wildebeests, raging hippos, and robotic boats on Kenya's Mara River
- Study of Religions - Jul 21 Comment: Hollywood’s slew of biblical films is no return from Exodus
Volume 4 of The Poems of Robert Browning, jointly edited with John Woolford of the University of Manchester and Joseph Phelan of De Montfort University, covers Browning’s poetry from 1862 to 1871 (with the exception of The Ring and the Book, Browning’s longest poem, which will occupy a volume of its own).
This volume contains some of Browning’s most famous dramatic monologues, including ’Caliban upon Setebos’ and ’Mr Sludge, "the Medium"’, and two long works, Balaustion’s Adventure and Prince Hohenstiel-Schwangau, Saviour of Society. These major poems demonstrate Browning’s astonishing range of subject matter and tone: the first a highly original translation/adaptation of Euripides’ Alcestis, the second a mordant satire on the career of Napoleon III.
The poems are presented in the order of their composition and in the text in which they were first published, giving a unique insight into the origins and development of Browning’s art. In keeping with the tradition of Longman Annotated English Poets , full and informative annotations and headnotes provide details of composition, publication, sources and contemporary reception.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mechanical Engineering - 16.7
Senior Wissenschaftlerin / Senior Wissenschaftler Energieforschung
- Business - 15.7
Program Manager Junior with expertise in macroeconomics / financial economics
- Chemistry - 14.7
Polymer Chemistry / Material Scientist
- Medicine - 21.7
Professorial Fellow- Functional Recovery in Youth Mental Health Research Program (re-advertised)
- Medicine - 21.7
Professorial Fellow - Neurobiology and Neuroprotection in Emerging Mental Disorders (re-advertised)
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Arts - 16.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Musikalische Gestaltung für Schauspiel (BV...
- Microtechnics - 8.7
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Mechanical Engineering - 18.7
Assistant / Associate Professor Aeronautical Engineering
- Pedagogy - 18.7
Chair in Employment Relations or HRM. 38029
- Medicine - 22.7
Asst/Assoc / Professor of Pediatrics (Critical Care)
- Medicine - 22.7
Asst/Assoc / Professor of Clinical Pediatrics (Neurology)