- Medicine - 18:00 Intensive biofuel planting poses risk to human health
- Business - 14:00 Start- ups lose faith in London after just 12 months
- Medicine - 13:03 UCLA department of neurosurgery ranked No. 2 in research productivity
- Earth Sciences - 12:01 Chimps use clay to detox and as a mineral supplement
- Business - 11:01 Should Labour really be agonising over the Left Right divide?
- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis partners with Phase 4 Partners and institutional investors to help create Mereo BioPharma Group Ltd
- Business - 06:02 Secretary of State for Business announces investment boost for UK’s largest dynamic test facility
- Microtechnics - Jul 29 Making the new silicon
- Physics - Jul 29 Rogue wave theory to save ships »
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 Bruce Kidd: sprinter Dutee Chand’s historic win for right to compete "affirms women exactly as they are"
- Medicine - Jul 28 How stem cell research and regenerative medicine saved this man's life
- Pedagogy - Jul 28 'Redshirting' kids yields no advantage in higher education
- Physics - Jul 28 Physicists close in on world's most sensitive resonators
- Agronomy - Jul 28 More secondary schools serve healthier lunches
- Medicine - Jul 28 McGill gets $91.5 Mln in CIHR funding
- Physics - Jul 28 Researchers Observe Shortest Wavelength Plasmons Ever in Single Walled Nanotubes
Jan. 20 U-M town hall: Cures for climate confusion
DATE: 6:30-8:00 p.m., Friday, Jan. 20, 2012.
EVENT: When the scientific experts have concluded that we are changing our climate, why do many U.S. citizens remain confused or skeptical? And what can experts and social scientists teach us about how to help bridge the gap between science and public understanding? These questions will be discussed with leaders from politics, business, religion and science, and explore what we can do to find common ground.
No registration required. The town hall will be live-streamed at:
PLACE: Blau Auditorium, U-M Ross School of Business, 701 Tappan Street, Ann Arbor, Mich., 48109.
HOSTS: U-M Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise and the Union of Concerned Scientists.
CO-SPONSORS: Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences; Michigan Memorial Phoenix Energy Institute; Graham Environmental Sustainability Institute; Great Lakes Integrated Sciences and Assessments Center; School of Natural Resources and Environment.
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 28.7
Faculty Position in Plasma Physics
- Civil Engineering - 28.7
Faculty Positions in Transportation Engineering and Transportation Systems
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.7
4 Doctoral Student/Post-Doc Positions (Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
- Life Sciences - 22.7
Wissenschaftliche Assistenten und Assistentinnen in angewandter Forschung
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.7
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e dans le domaine Intervention en situation scolaire
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.7
Projektleiter/in als Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80−100 %) Arbeits- und Organisationspsychologie...
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Environmental Management
- Environmental Sciences - 27.7
Assistant Professor: Global Environmental Change (1, 0 FTE)
- Arts and Design - 15.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Musiktheater-Regie (BV gem. § 99 UG )
- Social Sciences - 13.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Instrumental- und Gesangspädagogik (BV gem....
- - 28.7
- - 28.7
- Microtechnics - 28.7
Associate Professor in Oceanic Engineering Science
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.7
Assistant Professor in Additive Manufacturing Operations Research
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 29.7
Family Medicine - MEDEX - Assistant or Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA12561)
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 29.7
AGRI Research Chair in Gambling Policy