- Microtechnics - 17:01 University of Warwick and National Grid seek to expand their £1.5 million partnership
- Social Sciences - 17:01 Does Celtic art have links with Asia?
- Astronomy - 15:00 Destination Space Needs You: Astronaut Tim Peake calls on UK to join his crew
- Microtechnics - 15:00 Testing asteroid camera
- Business - 14:00 Debates around sex industry based on ’sexist stereotypes’, says report
- Business - 13:00 How leaky is your device?
- Medicine - 11:17 Ethnicity impacts perceptions of mental health among black communities
- Philosophy - 11:17 Collaborative research project to examine sources of happiness and personal fulfillment
- Microtechnics - 11:00 Porous material holds promise for prosthetics, robots
- Astronomy - Oct 7 ANU joins the nanospace race »
- Literature - Oct 7 ’Do what you love’ mantra makes us feel like failures
- Physics - Oct 6 Laser- wielding physicists seize control of atoms’ behavior
- Physics - Oct 6 3Q: The massive impact of neutrino research
- Pedagogy - Oct 6 Cornell among top 100 adoption- friendly workplaces
- Physics - Oct 6 Sussex physicists applaud Nobel Prize- winner and collaborator
- Business - Oct 6 Keeping the supply chain flowing
KTH Broadens Commitment to Sustainability Education
Reception and service at central level for international students after arrival at KTH.
For Master's students
For Exchange students
At the KTH Symposium, the director of the U.S. National Science Foundation explains how scientific co-operation with Sweden benefits American research.
AIMday Image is a forum for knowledge exchange between academic and industrial scientists in the field of image analysis
Welcome to KTH on March 7!
KTH’s focus on environmental issues -- underlined in 2011 with the appointment of a vice-president for sustainability -- is gaining momentum with new targeted investments in education. The university’s administration has approved SEK 6.5 million ($964,000) for courses in environment and sustainable development studies.
“Our surveys show that younger engineers feel that they lack the right tools to work with environmental and sustainability issues,” says Göran Finnveden, Vice President of KTH with responsibility for sustainability since last year. Now those views are leading KTH to expand its environmental education efforts.
The strategy calls for a dual approach, on one hand offering education programs that focus specifically on environment and sustainability — such as the Energy and Environment engineering program — while on the other hand integrating those fields into all training programs. Other Swedish universities are making progress on the second part of the strategy, Finnveden says, but they haven’t come very far on the first.
The administration says that this year’s expanded investment in sustainability is a sign that last year’s approach was judged a success.
“The Energy and Environment Program is working out very well, says Finnveden. “The number of applicants is high, and both students and instructors are committed.”
The latest round of funding will be focussed primarily in six of KTH’s ten schools, and the offering is intended to be permanent.
“We’re making a long-term commitment to environment and sustainable development,” says KTH President Peter Gudmundson.
He’s backed by Vice Dean Per Berglund, responsible for undergraduate studies at KTH: “The goal is to integrate environment and sustainable development over the long run into all training programs,” he says.
An assessment of how well environmental and sustainability topics are being included in the programs will be conducted this spring, and the action plans will continue to evolve based on the results.
By Peter Larsson
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 7.10
Un-une responsable de la filière en soins infirmiers Taux d’activité : 100%
- Veterinary Science - 5.10
Amtstierärztin / Amtstierarzt als Abteilungsleitung
- Administration/Government - 5.10
Leitung des Bergischen Veterinär- und Lebensmittelüberwachungsamtes (m/w)
- Chemistry - 5.10
Dozentin / Dozent Chemie für Umweltingenieure (100 %)
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 2.10
Professoren / innen 100%
- Architecture - 2.10
Architekt/in, Ingenieur/in oder Naturwissenschaftler/in als wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiterin / Mitarbeiter...
- Life Sciences - 6.10
Full Professor / Associate Professor in biomolecular solution-state NMR spectroscopy (1, 0 fte)
- Business/Economics - 6.10
Associate professor in Data Science
- Arts and Design - 6.10
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Klavier und Klavierdidaktik (BV gem. § 98...
- Law/Forensics - 2.9
Universitätsprofessur für Smart Grids am Institut für Vernetzte und Eingebettete Systeme
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 6.10
Professur für, Fachdidaktik Geschichte und Sozialkunde, (W3)
- Literature/Linguistics - 6.10
- Administration/Government - 6.10
Academic Faculty Position in Public Policy
- Law/Forensics - 6.10
Academic Faculty Position in Law and Public Policy
- Microtechnics - 7.10
Mechanical Engineering - Assistant or Associate Professor (AA14294)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 7.10
Palliative Care Faculty Position