- Life Sciences - 12:01 Rubber from dandelions
- Astronomy - 12:00 Saturn’s sponge- like moon
- Social Sciences - 11:03 Claims about the decline of the West are ’exaggerated’
- Medicine - 11:02 Mathematics reveals how fluid flow affects bacteria
- Astronomy - 06:03 3 Questions: Marcia Bartusiak on black holes and the history of science
- Medicine - Apr 27 Using the internet to boost participation in clinical trials
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 27 Climate change: how Brits feel about 'smart' energy
- Life Sciences - Apr 27 Imperial provides a launch pad for synthetic biology start- ups
- Careers - Apr 27 Abington professor challenges value of irregular work schedules
- Medicine - Apr 27 Novartis announces Phase III study of Arzerra met primary endpoint of improved progression- free survival in patients with relapsed CLL
- Chemistry - Apr 27 Varndean College pupils triumph in University chemistry laboratories
- Life Sciences - Apr 27 Pancreas cells’ genetic instructions open doors to diabetes treatment
- Earth Sciences - Apr 27 Bizarre ’platypus’ dinosaur discovered
- Philosophy - Apr 27 Comment: A Good Life with Cameron?
- Medicine - Apr 27 Researchers turn to Kinect gaming technology to solve brain scanner problem
- Chemistry - Apr 27 New federal rules on hydraulic fracturing a good start, say Stanford experts
Managing Distant Network Equipment with Text Messages
Reception and service at central level for international students after arrival at KTH.
For Master's students
For Exchange students
At the KTH Symposium, the director of the U.S. National Science Foundation explains how scientific co-operation with Sweden benefits American research.
AIMday Image is a forum for knowledge exchange between academic and industrial scientists in the field of image analysis
Welcome to KTH on March 7!
A group of KTH students has developed an SMS-based remote management system for network devices located in inaccessible areas.
Six KTH students working toward their master’s degrees in Communication Systems are testing an invention designed to allow network operators to remotely manage mobile phone network equipment through simple SMS text messaging. Condroid Remote Management is intended to cut out the need for site visits to equipment in remote locations that lack Internet access.
The system is intended to make network access possible anyplace in the world that can be reached by SMS, including some of the most remote, unpopulated areas on the planet.
“Our invention can control network equipment in remote locations such as mountains or deserts where there’s no access to the Internet,” says master’s student Mahsa Tabatabaei, a member of the team behind Condroid Remote Management. The program runs on smartphones running the Android mobile phone operating system.
“We’re trying to make remote management as user-friendly as possible. All you need is basic knowledge of network administration to use Condroid Remote Management,” Tabatabaei says.
The system can also be useful in restoration of network equipment following natural disasters. “If the power goes off and a router fails, you don’t need to send out a network administrator. You can fix it by sending text messages from a smartphone.”
A prototype system has been tested in the students’ lab at KTH, and the next step is testing in a distant location. “Condroid Remote Management is a robust and energy-efficient way to manage network devices anywhere in the world,” Tabatabaei concludes.
Last job offers
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 22.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in des Rektors 80 - 100%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 22.4
Co-Projektleiter/in einer SNF-Studie 40%
- Psychology - 21.4
Doktorandenstelle für eine Psychologin/ einen Psychologen
- Computer Science/Telecom - 20.4
Dozentin / Dozent für ICT System Engineering
- Architecture - 20.4
WissenschaftlicheR MitarbeiterIn / Lehrassistenz Entwurf
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 17.4
- Business/Economics - 25.4
Full Professor International Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics at the department of Economics, section...
- Life Sciences - 25.4
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Advanced Brain-Robot Interfaces at DKE
- Mathematics - 23.4
Professur (m/w) Angewandte Mathematik (20h)
- Chemistry - 17.4
Professur für Chemische Verfahrenstechnik
- Mechanical Engineering - 27.4
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 27.4
Universitätsprofessur für Entwicklungspsychologie
- Media Sciences - 27.4
Chair in Politics and International Studies
- Mathematics - 25.4
Assistant Professor in Mathematical Sciences
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 25.4
HS Associate/Full Clinical Professor (Medical Director, SFGH Clinical Laboratories)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 24.4
Assistant / Associate Professor, Clinical