- History - 10:00 What 19th- century women really did
- Arts - Mar 7 In Brief: Music in adverts influences perception of university life
- Civil Engineering - Mar 7 Mapping cities of the future
- Interdisciplinary - Mar 7 Book by Penn Sociologist Jerry A. Jacobs Explores Higher Ed Interdisciplinarity
- Astronomy - Mar 7 Scientists brave the ’vomit comet’ to improve astronauts’ heart health
- Business - Mar 7 Women less represented in faculty, staff leadership ranks
- Chemistry - Mar 7 Promising News for Solar Fuels from Berkeley Lab Researchers at JCAP
- Arts - Mar 7 Illuminating Cambridge worldwide
- Administration - Mar 7 GW4 Building Communities Fund launched
- Microtechnics - Mar 7 Perception of women in engineering needs to be changed from early age, says University professor
- Medicine - Mar 7 New approach to prostate cancer screening needed
- Mechanical Engineering - Mar 7 Work to start on £60 million advanced manufacturing research facility at Ansty Park
- Life Sciences - Mar 7 Do elephants call ''human!''?
- Life Sciences - Mar 7 Inherited Alzheimer’s damage greater decades before symptoms appear
- Astronomy - Mar 6 Galactic gas caused by colliding comets suggests mystery ’shepherd’ exoplanet
- Arts - Mar 6 Lost voices of the Holocaust: rediscovering music from a forgotten world
Production graduates spotlight backstage
The performance spotlight will shine on backstage talent as Production graduates from the Victorian College of the Arts, School of Performing Arts, showcase their work in set design, costume, workshop, sound, lighting and stage management.
The Production Graduate Exhibition, to be launched at the VCA on Monday 21 November, is an opportunity for the public, industry professionals and prospective students to explore the skillful work that goes on behind the scenes in creative and backstage roles.
The exhibition will feature initial design concepts and renderings through to final creations with colorful costumes, interactive soundscapes, multimedia presentations and light displays.
"This exhibition demonstrates the success of the Production course which equips students with systematic and imaginative skills matched with their individual vision and artistic leadership. These are the first steps toward each students’ dynamic and stimulating career," said Ms Kym Williams, Production Undergraduate Coordinator.
Melbourne Theatre Company Artistic Director Simon Phillips, said graduates of the VCA Production course have provided MTC and fellow companies with a variety of highly skilled and committed theatre practitioners.
"They keep the life blood flowing through the arts community. The creative and backstage talent which is nurtured to fruition through the course ensures that the skills base in our performing arts companies is constantly replenished."
Fiona Kiernan-Molloy, a graduating Production student, who was on a secondment at the MTC earlier this year working with the scenic art department, painted the set for Clybourne Park and also worked on the set for The Importance of Being Earnest. Now Fiona is set painting for two of the VCA’s 2011 productions, City of Angels and the Sex Life of Snails, a highlight of this Graduating Production exhibition.
VCA Production graduates are working across Australia’s leading performing arts companies including the Melbourne Theatre Company, Malthouse Theatre, The Australian Ballet, Australian Opera, Creature Workshop and throughout the Melbourne Festival.
Media photo opportunity: Production students with exhibition highlight pieces
10.30am, Friday 18 November.
What: VCA School of Performing Arts’ Production Graduate Exhibition?
When: Tue 22 - Wed 23 November, 10am - 4pm?
Where: Studio 45, 45 Sturt St, Victorian College of the Arts, Southbank Free admission
Last job offers
- Literature - 8.3
Dozent/in für Wirtschaftsenglisch (60-80%)
- Physics - 7.3
Scientific Group Leader (F/M)
- Microtechnics - 6.3
Professorin / Professor Elektrotechnik
- Administration - 5.3
- Pedagogy - 5.3
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Fachstelle Digitales Lehren und Lernen in der Hochschule (90–100 %)
- Medicine - 5.3
Professeur-e assistant-e en recherche sur les pathologies gynécologiques et/ou obstétricales (avec prétitularisation...
- Business - 7.3
International Business and Entrepreneurship #top"> Part time Professor within the research group,...
- Business - 7.3
Innovation - SDU Innovation Research Cluster Alsion#top"> Associate professorship in Communication...
- Business - 6.3
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non tenure track) oder Universitätsassistent/in...
- Business - 6.3
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non tenure track) oder zwei...
- Media Sciences - 7.3
Professur für Politikwissenschaft mit dem Schwerpunkt "Politisches System der Bundesrepublik Deutschland"...
- Computer Science - 7.3
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor, Fakultät für Angewandte Informatik
- Business - 6.3
Chair in Marketing - 50252
- Psychology - 6.3
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) / Senior Lecturer or Reader (Associate Professor)
- Law - 8.3
Asst/Assoc/Full Professor - Forensic Science
- Medicine - 8.3
Asst / Assoc Professor, Clinical