- Administration - Jul 3 Explainer: The Greek debt crisis and bailout referendum
- Administration - Jul 3 Analysis: The real question being asked of Greek voters in the referendum
- Study of Religions - Jul 3 Researcher helps to develop a pioneering digital prayer project
- Social Sciences - Jul 3 Staff- prisoner relationships are key to managing suicide risk in prison, say researchers
- Literature - Jul 3 Novel Thoughts #8: Amy Milton on Hubert Selby’s Requiem for a Dream
- Physics - Jul 3 Two Institute of Physics medals for Imperial
- Medicine - Jul 3 Shoppers confused by ’traffic light’ food labels, says study
- Life Sciences - Jul 3 Ahoy there! Spiders really can sail across oceans
- Medicine - Jul 3 Gene therapy for cystic fibrosis shows encouraging trial results
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 3 Scientists warn: ocean near tipping point
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Expert: Editing stem cell genes will “revolutionize” biomedical research
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Landmark genetic analysis identifies how woolly mammoth adapted to arctic life
- Arts - Jul 2 What makes a good horror movie?
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Our sense of smell evolved, including in cave men
- Medicine - Jul 2 Why BRCA gene resists cancer treatment
Production graduates spotlight backstage
The performance spotlight will shine on backstage talent as Production graduates from the Victorian College of the Arts, School of Performing Arts, showcase their work in set design, costume, workshop, sound, lighting and stage management.
The Production Graduate Exhibition, to be launched at the VCA on Monday 21 November, is an opportunity for the public, industry professionals and prospective students to explore the skillful work that goes on behind the scenes in creative and backstage roles.
The exhibition will feature initial design concepts and renderings through to final creations with colorful costumes, interactive soundscapes, multimedia presentations and light displays.
"This exhibition demonstrates the success of the Production course which equips students with systematic and imaginative skills matched with their individual vision and artistic leadership. These are the first steps toward each students’ dynamic and stimulating career," said Ms Kym Williams, Production Undergraduate Coordinator.
Melbourne Theatre Company Artistic Director Simon Phillips, said graduates of the VCA Production course have provided MTC and fellow companies with a variety of highly skilled and committed theatre practitioners.
"They keep the life blood flowing through the arts community. The creative and backstage talent which is nurtured to fruition through the course ensures that the skills base in our performing arts companies is constantly replenished."
Fiona Kiernan-Molloy, a graduating Production student, who was on a secondment at the MTC earlier this year working with the scenic art department, painted the set for Clybourne Park and also worked on the set for The Importance of Being Earnest. Now Fiona is set painting for two of the VCA’s 2011 productions, City of Angels and the Sex Life of Snails, a highlight of this Graduating Production exhibition.
VCA Production graduates are working across Australia’s leading performing arts companies including the Melbourne Theatre Company, Malthouse Theatre, The Australian Ballet, Australian Opera, Creature Workshop and throughout the Melbourne Festival.
Media photo opportunity: Production students with exhibition highlight pieces
10.30am, Friday 18 November.
What: VCA School of Performing Arts’ Production Graduate Exhibition?
When: Tue 22 - Wed 23 November, 10am - 4pm?
Where: Studio 45, 45 Sturt St, Victorian College of the Arts, Southbank Free admission
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 4.7
Assistant Professor in Applied Economics
- Environmental Sciences - 3.7
PhD candidate (soil science, ecology)
- Life Sciences - 2.7
PhD position in NEUROSCIENCES: Pain Research
- Business/Economics - 2.7
Direktorin / Direktor Hochschule Luzern - Wirtschaft
- Psychology - 2.7
Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- Administration/Government - 1.7
Collaborateur / trice scientifique à 80-100%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 4.7
Professor in ice core related research
- Physics/Materials Science - 3.7
Chair of BioPhotonics, Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics
- Event - 29.6
Professur für Event Engineering
- Education/Continuing Education - 8.6
Professur für Industrial Management
- Earth Sciences - 3.7
Professur für Orts-, Regional- und Landesentwicklung / Raumplanung am Institut für Geographie
- Mechanical Engineering - 2.7
- Computer Science/Telecom - 4.7
Chair in Computer Science and Digital Games
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 3.7
Chair in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 3.7
- Arts and Design - 3.7
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Directing / Film Production, Fall 2015