- Social Sciences - Jul 24 ARC Future Fellowships recognise research strengths at Sydney
- Agronomy - Jul 23 Boor joins board of food, agriculture research foundation
- Astronomy - Jul 23 ATV-5: loaded and locked
- Medicine - Jul 23 The human parasite Leishmania is a probiotic for the fly that carries it
- Astronomy - Jul 23 Galileo’s ’midwives’ stand ready for launch
- Medicine - Jul 23 Probing Question: What is whisper therapy?
- Business - Jul 23 High school interns bring curiosity, open minds to Stanford labs
- Computer Science - Jul 23 Carnegie Mellon Will Partner With Duolingo To Evaluate English Language Certification Test
- Medicine - Jul 23 Grant generates increased access, network training to Dairyland Initiative
- Architecture - Jul 23 Historical guide ‘Shaping Seattle Architecture’ returns in second edition
- Medicine - Jul 23 Optimising immunotherapy for autoimmune disease: Dr Sarah Howlett
- Life Sciences - Jul 23 Dr Lars Dolken
- Life Sciences - Jul 23 Policy on the use of animals in research
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 23 Teams up with BBC to launch World War One MOOC
- History - Jul 23 Town meets gown to explore Wisconsin’s Trempealeau mounds
Production graduates spotlight backstage
The performance spotlight will shine on backstage talent as Production graduates from the Victorian College of the Arts, School of Performing Arts, showcase their work in set design, costume, workshop, sound, lighting and stage management.
The Production Graduate Exhibition, to be launched at the VCA on Monday 21 November, is an opportunity for the public, industry professionals and prospective students to explore the skillful work that goes on behind the scenes in creative and backstage roles.
The exhibition will feature initial design concepts and renderings through to final creations with colorful costumes, interactive soundscapes, multimedia presentations and light displays.
"This exhibition demonstrates the success of the Production course which equips students with systematic and imaginative skills matched with their individual vision and artistic leadership. These are the first steps toward each students’ dynamic and stimulating career," said Ms Kym Williams, Production Undergraduate Coordinator.
Melbourne Theatre Company Artistic Director Simon Phillips, said graduates of the VCA Production course have provided MTC and fellow companies with a variety of highly skilled and committed theatre practitioners.
"They keep the life blood flowing through the arts community. The creative and backstage talent which is nurtured to fruition through the course ensures that the skills base in our performing arts companies is constantly replenished."
Fiona Kiernan-Molloy, a graduating Production student, who was on a secondment at the MTC earlier this year working with the scenic art department, painted the set for Clybourne Park and also worked on the set for The Importance of Being Earnest. Now Fiona is set painting for two of the VCA’s 2011 productions, City of Angels and the Sex Life of Snails, a highlight of this Graduating Production exhibition.
VCA Production graduates are working across Australia’s leading performing arts companies including the Melbourne Theatre Company, Malthouse Theatre, The Australian Ballet, Australian Opera, Creature Workshop and throughout the Melbourne Festival.
Media photo opportunity: Production students with exhibition highlight pieces
10.30am, Friday 18 November.
What: VCA School of Performing Arts’ Production Graduate Exhibition?
When: Tue 22 - Wed 23 November, 10am - 4pm?
Where: Studio 45, 45 Sturt St, Victorian College of the Arts, Southbank Free admission
Last job offers
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mechanical Engineering - 16.7
Senior Wissenschaftlerin / Senior Wissenschaftler Energieforschung
- Medicine - 23.7
Professor / Associate Professor in advanced Practice Nursing (Geriatric care)
- Business - 23.7
Associate Professor in Accounting
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Microtechnics - 8.7
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Administration - 23.7
Deputy Office Manager / Personal Assistant to the Pro-Provosts and the Professor
- Pedagogy - 23.7
Professor of Energy Policy
- Business - 23.7
Fixed-term II (Part-time) Faculty Positions for 2014/2015 Academic Year
- Medicine - 22.7
Asst/Assoc / Professor of Pediatrics (Critical Care)