UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Sarah Rich, associate professor of art history at Penn State, will be the final speaker in this spring’s Research Unplugged series of six "town and gown" conversations with Penn State researchers.
- Astronomy - 15:00 Gaia: ’Go’ for science
- Medicine - 14:07 Health Sciences News Digest 7.29.2014
- Medicine - 14:06 Team Makes Cancer Glow to Improve Surgical Outcomes
- Life Sciences - 14:01 Microscopic rowing - without a cox
- Mechanical Engineering - 13:05 Researchers seek ’Holy Grail’ in battery design
- Life Sciences - 13:05 Q&A: Stanford’s Carla Shatz on fostering interdisciplinary collaboration
- Computer Science - 13:00 Vision- correcting display makes reading glasses so yesterday
- Medicine - 12:06 Diet Affects Men’s and Women’s Gut Microbes Differently
- Astronomy - 11:02 Unique images bring fossil insects back to life
- Medicine - 11:02 Map of hepatitis C strains should help eradication efforts
- Social Sciences - 10:02 “Not enough Undecideds moving towards ‘Yes’ vote”
- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis vaccine Bexsero sees high uptake in first large- scale public vaccination program to help protect against devastating meningitis B
- Medicine - 07:02 New research to tackle treatment for lung disease
- Careers - 07:01 Tribunal fees have ‘severely limited access to justice’ for workers
- Business - Jul 28 Why aren't consumers buying remanufactured products?
- Medicine - Jul 28 Scissoring the lipids
Research Unplugged to conclude April 19 with Warhol talk
Rich’s talk, titled "Pennsylvania Pop: Reflections on Andy Warhol’s Art and Roots" will be held this Thursday, April 19, and will include a public discussion on the topic.
Research Unplugged presentations are held from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. on Thursdays in the Schlow Centre Region Library’s Downsbrough Community Room, in downtown State College.
The events are free and open to all, with complimentary free refreshments, and are sponsored by Penn State University Relations and the Office of the Vice President for Research, in cooperation with Schlow Centre Region Library.
The Research Unplugged schedule for Fall 2012 will be posted this summer at www.rps.psu.edu/unplugged/
Updates will also be sent out via Penn State’s free weekly Research & Discovery newswire! Subscribe here: www.rps.psu.edu/subscribe/sample.html
Last job offers
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Professeur-e en développement durable
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mathematics - 28.7
Associate Professor / Professor in Applied Mathematics, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics...
- Medicine - 28.7
Leonard p Ullmann Chair in Translational Metabolic Health
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Medicine - 25.7
Professur (W3) für Anatomie, Kennziffer W876
- Chemistry - 28.7
Research Administrator for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Chemistry - 28.7
Laboratory Manager for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Medicine - 29.7
Assistant or Associate Professor
- Administration - 28.7