- Business - 14:00 Start- ups lose faith in London after just 12 months
- Earth Sciences - 12:01 Chimps use clay to detox and as a mineral supplement
- Business - 11:01 Should Labour really be agonising over the Left Right divide?
- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis partners with Phase 4 Partners and institutional investors to help create Mereo BioPharma Group Ltd
- Business - 06:02 Secretary of State for Business announces investment boost for UK’s largest dynamic test facility
- Microtechnics - Jul 29 Making the new silicon
- Physics - Jul 29 Rogue wave theory to save ships »
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 Bruce Kidd: sprinter Dutee Chand’s historic win for right to compete "affirms women exactly as they are"
- Medicine - Jul 28 How stem cell research and regenerative medicine saved this man's life
- Pedagogy - Jul 28 'Redshirting' kids yields no advantage in higher education
- Physics - Jul 28 Physicists close in on world's most sensitive resonators
- Agronomy - Jul 28 More secondary schools serve healthier lunches
- Medicine - Jul 28 McGill gets $91.5 Mln in CIHR funding
- Physics - Jul 28 Researchers Observe Shortest Wavelength Plasmons Ever in Single Walled Nanotubes
- Life Sciences - Jul 28 Young Animal Welfare Scientist of the Year
- Mechanical Engineering - Jul 28 EPSRC rail consortium shows how to cut costs and reduce delays
Trash-to-Energy Project in Bolivia Wins Funding
At the KTH Symposium, the director of the U.S. National Science Foundation explains how scientific co-operation with Sweden benefits American research.
Reception and service at central level for international students after arrival at KTH.
For Master's students
For Exchange students
KTH researchers have received the coveted "Nordic Climate Facility Grant" for a sustainability project in Bolivia that transforms domestic and industrial waste into energy.
Researchers at the Department of Energy Technology at KTH will be granted $684,000 for a joint recycling project in Bolivia aimed at turning waste into energy in the cities of La Paz and El Alto.
The Urban and Industrial Waste to Energy project won the financing over strong competition from other applicants—only 12 of 176 applications to the Nordic Climate Facility Grant received finding. Several projects submitted to the competition were related to Bolivia.
“We will develop a plan for how energy can be extracted from waste in Bolivia,” says Tomas Lönnqvist, a doctoral candidate at the Department of Energy and Climate Studies at KTH. The project will be conducted together with Mälardalen University, a Bolivian municipality, a local Bolivian non-profit organisation and the Swedish municipal waste management company VAFAB.
“We hope that over these coming two years we can contribute to sustainable development in Bolivia by building on previous efforts in the region,” Lönnqvist says.
In addition to Lönnqvist, the research team that will travel to Bolivia from the Department of Energy includes Professor Semida Silveira and PhD student Dilip Khatiwada.
The group’s interdisciplinary work includes the technical and institutional aspects of waste management, transformation technology and policy recommendations.
Nordic Climate Facility is financed by the Nordic Development Fund and implemented in cooperation with the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation.
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 28.7
Faculty Position in Plasma Physics
- Civil Engineering - 28.7
Faculty Positions in Transportation Engineering and Transportation Systems
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.7
4 Doctoral Student/Post-Doc Positions (Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
- Life Sciences - 22.7
Wissenschaftliche Assistenten und Assistentinnen in angewandter Forschung
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.7
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e dans le domaine Intervention en situation scolaire
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.7
Projektleiter/in als Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80−100 %) Arbeits- und Organisationspsychologie...
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Environmental Management
- Environmental Sciences - 27.7
Assistant Professor: Global Environmental Change (1, 0 FTE)
- Arts and Design - 15.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Musiktheater-Regie (BV gem. § 99 UG )
- Social Sciences - 13.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Instrumental- und Gesangspädagogik (BV gem....
- - 28.7
- - 28.7
- Microtechnics - 28.7
Associate Professor in Oceanic Engineering Science
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.7
Assistant Professor in Additive Manufacturing Operations Research
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 29.7
Family Medicine - MEDEX - Assistant or Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA12561)
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 29.7
AGRI Research Chair in Gambling Policy