UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Medicine - Sep 23 TRI welcomes new CEO
- History - Sep 22 Remembering the forgotten heroes of the First World War
- Medicine - Sep 22 Construction begins on centre dedicated to children’s health
- Literature - Sep 22 Ireland, Wales and the First World War
- Physics - Sep 22 Nanoscale facility 'open for business,' leaders say
- - Sep 22 Over 100 researchers light up city science on Bright Night
- Life Sciences - Sep 22 Cichlid fish genome helps tell story of adaptive evolution, Stanford scientists say
- Life Sciences - Sep 22 Prevention is better than cure say racehorse owners
- Computer Science - Sep 22 New RFID technology helps robots find household objects
- Environmental Sciences - Sep 22 Research backs need for action at this week’s UN Climate Summit
- Medicine - Sep 22 Creating a Pandemic of Health: global conference gathers experts at U of T
- Astronomy - Sep 22 A cosmic hurricane
- Medicine - Sep 22 Variability Keeps The Body In Balance
- Medicine - Sep 22 Actions on climate change bring better health, study says
- Astronomy - Sep 22 Is Pluto a Planet? The Votes Are In
- Medicine - Sep 22 FACULTY AWARD: Three researchers named Moore Materials Synthesis Investigators
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Mechanical Engineering - 22.9
Dozentin / Dozent Mechanik, Festigkeitslehre und Werkstofftechnik
- Medicine - 19.9
Praxisverantwortliche / Praxisverantwortlichen für den Bachelorstudiengang Pflege
- Life Sciences - 19.9
Faculty Position in Biomaterials
- Business - 18.9
Associate Professor in Management and Director of Executive Education
- Computer Science - 17.9
Faculty Positions in Computer Science
- Microtechnics - 17.9
Faculty Position in Ultra High Precision Robotics & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences - 22.9
Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics / Systems Biology at the Departement of Knowledge Engineering,...
- Business - 22.9
Full Professor (HL/Hoogleraar) in Media and Business (f/m, 1.0 fte)
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Literature - 17.9
Universitätsprofessur für Anglistische Sprachwissenschaft
- Pedagogy - 22.9
Juniorprofessur (W1) für "Fachdidaktik in der Technik" im Fachbereich Maschinenbau und Verfahrenstechnik...
- Mathematics - 22.9
Juniorprofessur für Mathematische Statistik
- Arts - 22.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of Music
- Business - 22.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of Economics for Development
- Arts - 20.9
Assistant or Associate Professor of Product Design
- Computer Science - 20.9