UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Administration - 11:07 Transcribe Bentham project reaches 10,000th transcription
- Medicine - 11:01 Seeing the same GP at every visit will reduce emergency department attendance
- Life Sciences - 08:01 FDA accepts Sandoz application for biosimilar filgrastim
- Medicine - 06:02 Seeing the same GP at every visit will reduce emergency department attendance
- Administration - 06:00 Australia’s ageing population poses budget risks
- Social Sciences - Jul 24 ARC Future Fellowships recognise research strengths at Sydney
- Agronomy - Jul 23 Boor joins board of food, agriculture research foundation
- Astronomy - Jul 23 ATV-5: loaded and locked
- Medicine - Jul 23 The human parasite Leishmania is a probiotic for the fly that carries it
- Astronomy - Jul 23 Galileo’s ’midwives’ stand ready for launch
- Medicine - Jul 23 Probing Question: What is whisper therapy?
- Physics - Jul 23 The physics of lead guitar playing
- Business - Jul 23 High school interns bring curiosity, open minds to Stanford labs
- Computer Science - Jul 23 Carnegie Mellon Will Partner With Duolingo To Evaluate English Language Certification Test
- Medicine - Jul 23 Grant generates increased access, network training to Dairyland Initiative
- Architecture - Jul 23 Historical guide ‘Shaping Seattle Architecture’ returns in second edition
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mechanical Engineering - 16.7
Senior Wissenschaftlerin / Senior Wissenschaftler Energieforschung
- Medicine - 23.7
Professor / Associate Professor in advanced Practice Nursing (Geriatric care)
- Business - 23.7
Associate Professor in Accounting
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Microtechnics - 8.7
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Administration - 23.7
Deputy Office Manager / Personal Assistant to the Pro-Provosts and the Professor
- Pedagogy - 23.7
Professor of Energy Policy
- Earth Sciences - 24.7
Assistant Professor, Volcanology
- Mathematics - 24.7
Tenure-Track Faculty Positions