UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Medicine - 13:01 Study puts price tag on informal caregiving for elderly in the USA
- Life Sciences - 13:01 Obituary: John Postgate
- Life Sciences - 12:01 Comment: Scared out of your mind: Halloween, fear and the brain
- Life Sciences - 11:01 Manchester graphene paper among top 100 citations of all time
- Medicine - 11:01 The power of the moustache at Manchester Science Festival
- Pedagogy - 11:00 Many popular teaching practices are ineffective, warns new report
- Life Sciences - 10:00 The man with a thousand brains
- Environmental Sciences - Oct 30 Does it help conservation to put a price on nature?
- Medicine - Oct 30 European salamanders and newts vulnerable to fungal disease from Asia
- Business - Oct 30 Bringing space research closer to home: a roundup from Imperial’s SpaceLab 2014
- Business - Oct 30 Q&A with U-M Ford School dean: Economy and midterm election campaigns
- Medicine - Oct 30 Edie & Lew Wasserman Building opens in Stein Plaza at UCLA
- Environmental Sciences - Oct 30 They know the drill: UW leads the league in boring through ice sheets
- Physics - Oct 30 Lord of the Microrings
- Social Sciences - Oct 30 From pro- anorexia sites: 'dangerous stigma escalation'
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 31.10
Doktorand / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Medienwissenschaft
- Microtechnics - 31.10
- Life Sciences - 31.10
- Social Sciences - 29.10
Professorship in Sociology or Anthropology of Tourism
- Mechanical Engineering - 29.10
Dozentin / Dozent Mechanik, Festigkeitslehre und Werkstofftechnik
- Mechanical Engineering - 29.10
Professorin / Professor Produktionstechnik und Automation
- Physics - 30.10
Professor of Cosmoparticle physics
- Administration - 29.10
Professor II /førsteamanuensis delstilling innen anvendt atomskalamodellering
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Social Sciences - 4.9
Juniorprofessur für Ethnologie mit Schwerpunkt, Politische Anthropologie (mit tenure track)
- Earth Sciences - 30.10
- Computer Science - 30.10
- Physics - 29.10
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)/Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Physical Education
- Microtechnics - 27.10
Professor of Electronics and Systems Engineering
- Mathematics - 31.10
Applied Mathematics- Assistant or Associate Professor (AA8802)
- Chemistry - 31.10
Assistant / Associate/Full Professor-Chemical Engineering