UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Medicine - 16:00 Cambridge animation scoops BFI award
- Physics - 16:00 Quantum physics secures new cryptography scheme
- Microtechnics - 12:01 Lucy Powell MP visits the National Graphene Institute
- Medicine - 10:01 UCL establishes its presence at Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst
- Environmental Sciences - 10:00 Tropical grassy ecosystems under threat
- Business - 09:01 To copy or not to copy, that is the question
- Environmental Sciences - Mar 12 Fenner building goes green
- Administration - Mar 11 Plymouth University coastal scientists receive funding to study full impact of winter storms
- Business - Mar 11 Backus uses eBay experience to study consumer behavior
- Literature - Mar 11 Mertha documents Chinese 'tutelage' of Khmer Rouge
- Social Sciences - Mar 11 No one likes a copycat, no matter where you live
- Social Sciences - Mar 11 To boldly go - how personality predicts social learning in baboons
- Administration - Mar 11 Conditions ripe for democratic growth, Stanford political scientist says
- Literature - Mar 11 Glasses help Chinese children succeed
- Medicine - Mar 11 Research collaboration as MAHSC and Roche join forces
- Life Sciences - Mar 11 Cellular Alchemy: Penn Study Shows How to Make Insulin- Producing Cells from Gut Cells
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 12.3
Collaboratrice/teur scientifique 80%
- Literature - 8.3
Dozent/in für Wirtschaftsenglisch (60-80%)
- Physics - 7.3
Scientific Group Leader (F/M)
- Microtechnics - 6.3
Professorin / Professor Elektrotechnik
- Administration - 5.3
- Pedagogy - 5.3
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Fachstelle Digitales Lehren und Lernen in der Hochschule (90–100 %)
- Life Sciences - 11.3
Professor II i odontologi (generell og oral patologi)
- Chemistry - 11.3
Associate Professor in Chemistry (polymer Chemistry)
- Business - 6.3
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non tenure track) oder Universitätsassistent/in...
- Business - 6.3
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non tenure track) oder zwei...
- Business - 11.3
Universitätsprofessur für Rechnungslegung und Besteuerung
- Computer Science - 11.3
Universitätsprofessur für, Human-Centered Information Systems (W2)
- Medicine - 11.3
Professorship of Respiratory Biology
- Mathematics - 10.3
Lucasian Professorship of Mathematics
- Administration - 12.3
Head/Professor, Department of Political Science
- Business - 11.3
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor - Accounting