- Astronomy - 13:00 Spin service
- Medicine - 08:04 Data at AAN showed Gilenya high efficacy in achieving ’no evidence of disease activity’ in previously- treated highly- active MS patients
- Life Sciences - Apr 21 Killer bees test a double win for Australian honeybees
- Life Sciences - Apr 20 Listen to your heart: why your brain may give away how well you know yourself
- Social Sciences - Apr 20 Deep national history of immigration predicts wide cultural comfort displaying emotion
- History - Apr 20 Lisa Tetrault’s “The Myth of Seneca Falls” Named 2015 Most Original Book in U.S. Women’s History
- History - Apr 20 German history expert receives both Killam and Guggenheim fellowships
- Life Sciences - Apr 20 Research in the news: Odor receptors do much more than pick up scents
- Life Sciences - Apr 20 Biggest brain on campus shows up on Main Quad
- History - Apr 20 Winning the ethnic minority vote could determine who takes Number 10
- Medicine - Apr 20 Researchers test drug for Wilson Disease in clinical trial
- Social Sciences - Apr 20 Protecting our rights to privacy and digital dignity
- Law - Apr 20 Decades after the civil war, wives of missing men in Lebanon continue to suffer - report
- Medicine - Apr 20 Report of the President: Academic Council Professoriate appointments
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Psychology - 21.4
Doktorandenstelle für eine Psychologin/ einen Psychologen
- Computer Science/Telecom - 20.4
Dozentin / Dozent für ICT System Engineering
- Architecture - 20.4
WissenschaftlicheR MitarbeiterIn / Lehrassistenz Entwurf
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 17.4
- Social Sciences - 17.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %) Übergänge Schule – Beruf – Selbständige Lebensführung
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 15.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Naturwissenschaftsdidaktik (40−50 %)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 20.4
725128 Associate professorship in Metabolite Receptology
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 19.4
Professor of Public Health, School of Science and Health
- Chemistry - 17.4
Professur für Chemische Verfahrenstechnik
- Business/Economics - 15.4
Universitätsassistentin mit Doktorat für Professoren-Laufbahnstelle
- Psychology - 20.4
Kurt-Koffka-W2 Professorship for Experimental Psychology with a focus on perception and action
- Psychology - 20.4
Kurt-Koffka-W2 Professur f. Experimentelle Psychologie m.d.Schwerpunkt Wahrnehmung und Handlung
- Philosophy - 20.4
Chair in Philosophy - 51469
- Study of Religions - 20.4
Chair in Philosophical Theology - 51471
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 21.4
General Internal Medicine - Assistant Professor WOT (AA11262)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 21.4
Clinical Assistant Professor