UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Environmental Sciences - 18:00 Traditional beliefs promote sustainability in West Africa
- Astronomy - 18:00 ESA experts assess risk from exploded satellite
- Administration - 17:00 New C-suite position needed to tackle todays issues
- Medicine - 16:01 Drugs Live results: how different types of cannabis affect the brain
- Administration - 16:01 Comment: With two months until the election, the Liberal Democrat story is already written
- Earth Sciences - 16:00 Podcast: LKCMedicine, Ebola, and the dinosaurs’ demise
- Earth Sciences - 14:03 Earliest known fossil of the genus Homo dates to 2.8 to 2.75 million years ago
- Astronomy - 14:02 Why isn’t the universe as bright as it should be?
- Life Sciences - 14:01 Metabolic Path to Improved Biofuel Production
- Medicine - 14:00 Radiation oncology department created at Weill Cornell
- Environmental Sciences - 14:00 Amazon deforestation ’threshold’ causes species loss to accelerate
- Environmental Sciences - 14:00 Lichen to thrill as rare Golden- eye is discovered in South Wales
- Law - 13:02 Death of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov
- Computer Science - 11:32 Kids and robots learn to write together
- Physics - 11:02 Online Icicle Atlas - now you can 3D print your own icicles
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Administration/Government - 3.3
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 80-100%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 2.3
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Information Systems and Data Science
- Business/Economics - 2.3
WissenschaftlicheR MitarbeiterIn am Lehrstuhl für Finance
- Social Sciences - 2.3
Collaborateur ou Collaboratrice scientifique
- Arts and Design - 27.2
Professeur-e HES Responsable de son Département Design Mode et Accessoires
- Arts and Design - 27.2
Chargé-e de cours HES en Design mode
- Business/Economics - 4.3
Professor of Accounting
- Microtechnics - 3.3
Professor or Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in Desalination or Water Treatment
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 18.2
§ 99 Universitätsprofessur für Gesundheitspsychologie am Institut für Psychologie
- Social Sciences - 4.9
Juniorprofessur für Ethnologie mit Schwerpunkt, Politische Anthropologie (mit tenure track)
- Law/Forensics - 4.3
Juniorprofessur Für Zivilrecht Unter Bes. Berücks. Rechtswissenschaftlicher Fachdidaktik (jp 238)
- Business/Economics - 3.3
Professor für Wirtschaftsinformatik mit Schwerpunkt "Betriebliche Informationssysteme"
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 4.3
Associate Professor in Health Informatics /e-Health research
- Administration/Government - 4.3
Professor in Human Resource Management / Organisational Behaviour
- Mechanical Engineering - 4.3
Clinical Assistant Professor - Civil and Materials Engineering
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 3.3
Visiting Assistant Professor