UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Literature - Dec 20 A Book of Strange and Wonderful Tales and its Eminent Translator
- Life Sciences - Dec 19 Stanford chemists take step toward solving mystery of how enzymes work
- Medicine - Dec 19 Ways to improve public health at beaches
- Social Sciences - Dec 19 Strong neighborhood ties can help reduce gun violence
- Medicine - Dec 19 Imperial strengthens senior health leadership roles
- Physics - Dec 19 Dynamic New App for Learning About Particle Physics Now Available
- Medicine - Dec 19 U of T's great cities stories of 2014: the year in review
- Life Sciences - Dec 19 Lost memories might be able to be restored, new UCLA study indicates
- Computer Science - Dec 19 Prime Minister learns how Lancaster University technology protects children online
- Business - Dec 19 Diverse ideas served up at first food systems summit
- Mechanical Engineering - Dec 19 Shaping the future of aviation
- Social Sciences - Dec 19 Vitamin D link to short- sightedness ruled out
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 19 Weighing risks and rewards, pregnant women eat less fish
- Astronomy - Dec 19 Satellites guide sailor from treacherous waters
- Medicine - Dec 19 Jason Moore Named Director of the Institute for Biomedical Informatics at Penn Medicine
- Medicine - Dec 19 Effective Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes Patients with Severe Hypoglycemia
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Arts - 18.12
Vizedirektorin / Vizedirektor Lehre
- Administration - 18.12
SNI Outreach Manager (f/m)
- Agronomy - 18.12
PhD position (m/f) in plant ecology
- Business - 17.12
Dozenten / Dozentin und Studiengangsleiter/in im Bereich Leadership und HR Development
- Medicine - 16.12
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Cytometry) PhD Position
- Literature - 15.12
Professeur-e assistant-e en littérature italienne moderne et contemporaine
- Life Sciences - 20.12
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Advanced Brain-Robot Interfaces
- Literature - 19.12
Chair of Spanish language and culture (1, 0 fte)
- Computer Science - 3.12
Universitätsprofessur für Informatik und deren Didaktik am Institut für Informatikdidaktik
- Mathematics - 3.12
Full Professor of Stochastic Processes at the Department of Statistics
- Computer Science - 19.12
Vertretungsprofessur für Theoretische Informatik
- Business - 19.12
- Life Sciences - 19.12
Assistant / Associate Professor in Ruminant Nutrition
- Medicine - 19.12
Professorship of Neurology
- Medicine - 20.12
General Internal Medicine - Assistant Professor WOT (AA9485)
- Medicine - 20.12
Cardiology - Assistant, Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA9502)