- Administration - 17:16 Penn’s Dennis Culhane Co-authors New Report on Homelessness in the Developing World
- Chemistry - 17:00 Former astronaut Helen Sharman finds a new space at Imperial
- Physics - 17:00 Transmission of torque at small scales: the nanoclutch
- Life Sciences - 16:17 Ancestors of land plants were wired to make the leap to shore
- Earth Sciences - 16:00 Lancaster academics named HR top thinkers
- Administration - 16:00 There is no alternative to full association
- Astronomy - 16:00 A Lunar Pox
- Medicine - 15:17 Nobel Recipient Campbell Earned Master’s, Doctorate at UW-Madison
- Life Sciences - 15:16 Deeper than face value
- Astronomy - 14:18 Where to look for life? UW astronomers devise ‘habitability index’ to guide future search
- Environmental Sciences - 13:21 Gas mileage drops for second straight month
- Environmental Sciences - 13:16 A Simpler Way to Estimate the Feedback Between Permafrost Carbon and Climate
- Architecture - 12:30 "Rock Print" at the forefront of architectural innovation
- - 12:17 U of M Receives Human Research Protection Status: Reaccreditation- Pending
- Medicine - 11:18 Research in the news: Yale expert explores use of antibiotics at end of life
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Veterinary Science - 5.10
Amtstierärztin / Amtstierarzt als Abteilungsleitung
- Administration/Government - 5.10
Leitung des Bergischen Veterinär- und Lebensmittelüberwachungsamtes (m/w)
- Chemistry - 5.10
Dozentin / Dozent Chemie für Umweltingenieure (100 %)
- Social Sciences - 2.10
Senior Projektleiter/in F&E (80%)
- Business/Economics - 2.10
Junior Researcher VWL (60-80%) / Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (60-80%)
- Social Sciences - 2.10
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 60%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 5.10
Assistant Professor in Energy Systems Modeling and Simulation
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 5.10
Assistant Professor in Inflammatory Origin of Depression
- Law/Forensics - 2.9
Universitätsprofessur für Smart Grids am Institut für Vernetzte und Eingebettete Systeme
- Media Sciences - 2.9
Universitätsprofessur für Visuelle Kultur am Institut für Medien- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
- History/Archeology - 5.10
Professur (W3) für Ur- und Frühgeschichte mit Schwerpunkt "Jüngere Steinzeiten"
- Physics/Materials Science - 5.10
Professorship in Experimental Physics
- Computer Science/Telecom - 5.10
Professor / Associate Professor in Computer Science
- Administration/Government - 2.10
Assistant Director (Associate Professor: Educational and Professional Development)
- Life Sciences - 3.10
Assistant Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 3.10
Assistant / Associate Professor