UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Business - Feb 2 Doctors in tricky spot when family moves to take financial control from elderly
- Medicine - 06:01 Feature: What’s the point of Dry January?
- Astronomy - Jan 30 The search continues
- Astronomy - Jan 30 Gravitational Waves from Early Universe Remain Elusive
- Medicine - Jan 30 New class of antibodies raises hope of dengue fever vaccine
- Arts - Jan 30 Game On
- Chemistry - Jan 30 Carl Djerassi, Stanford professor and world- renowned chemist, dead at 91
- Business - Jan 30 UK and US higher education boosts inward investment
- Medicine - Jan 30 UCLA cardiologists offer heart- healthy tips
- Medicine - Jan 30 UCLA is only West Coast medical center to offer pioneering surgery for phrenic nerve damage
- Life Sciences - Jan 30 Face blindness predicted by structural differences in the brain, Stanford neuroscientists discover
- Medicine - Jan 30 Carnegie Mellon, Pitt Ethicists Question Impact of Hospital Advertising
- Physics - Jan 30 New technique could lead to cheaper, more efficient solar power and LEDs
- Computer Science - Jan 30 Incentives encourage greater exploration, research finds
- Life Sciences - Jan 30 Learning lessons by following Madison’s foxes and coyotes
- Social Sciences - Jan 30 Consumer sentiment highest in decade in January
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Mechanical Engineering - 30.1
Dozent/in für Automation
- Medicine - 27.1
Chargé-e d’enseignement HES Santé communautaire / santé publique
- Microtechnics - 26.1
Senior R&D Engineer
- Microtechnics - 25.1
Dozentin / Dozent Energietechnik mit Forschungsanteil
- Psychology - 23.1
PhD positions Psychopathologie & Klinische Intervention UZH
- Civil Engineering - 22.1
Assistente in Ingegneria edile / civile o in architettura
- History - 31.1
Edwin Cuthbert Hall Chair of Middle Eastern Archaeology
- Mechanical Engineering - 31.1
Professor or Associate Professor in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Business - 13.1
Professur (m/w) - Innovationsnetzwerke (20h)
- Computer Science - 3.12
Universitätsprofessur für Informatik und deren Didaktik am Institut für Informatikdidaktik
- Law - 30.1
Lehrprofessur für Öffentliches Recht
- Business - 30.1
Professor Dr. Dirk Ifenthaler
- Earth Sciences - 30.1
Associate Professorship in Transport Studies and Director of the Transport Studies Unit
- History - 30.1
Peter Moores Associate Professorship in Chinese Archaeology
- Medicine - 31.1
Assistant /Associate Research Professor
- Life Sciences - 31.1
Asst/Assoc Research Professor