UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Event - Jul 30 Engineers to announce successful installation of experimental Asian Carp sonic deterrent system at Lock & Dam 8
- Astronomy - Jul 30 Costa Concordia tow
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 30 Scientists head to tropical rainforests for climate study
- Medicine - Jul 30 Medical libraries go online for all
- Astronomy - Jul 30 Lifetime of gravity measurements heralds new beginning
- Life Sciences - Jul 30 Penn Physics/Medicine Receives $2.8 Million Grant for Stroke Research
- Business - Jul 30 Cyber- crime costs region’s businesses almost £107 million a year – a new report reveals
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 30 Scientists challenge theory on protection of threatened species
- Physics - Jul 30 Watching Schrodinger’s cat die
- Medicine - Jul 30 Dissolvable fabric loaded with medicine might offer faster protection against HIV
- Astronomy - Jul 30 Mars rover sets record after logging more than 25 miles
- Medicine - Jul 30 AstraZeneca and Roche announce a collaboration to develop a diagnostic test for the treatment of lung cancer
- Arts - Jul 30 More to an image than meets the eye
- Astronomy - Jul 29 Last ATV lifts off to supply the Space Station
- Medicine - Jul 29 Urbanisation of rural Africa associated with increased risk of heart disease and diabetes
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Medicine - 30.7
Faculty Position in Clinical Neuroengineering and Human-Machine Interaction
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Professeur-e en développement durable
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Architecture - 30.7
Associate Professor in Architecture
- History - 30.7
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor - Art History and Art Theory
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Social Sciences - 30.7
Juniorprofessur für Sicherheit in Informationssystemen
- Mechanical Engineering - 29.7
Professor in Engineering Design
- Chemistry - 28.7
Research Administrator for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Earth Sciences - 30.7
- Medicine - 29.7
Assistant or Associate Professor