UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Environmental Sciences - 13:00 Male monkey filmed caring for dying mate
- Life Sciences - 12:00 Driving a harpoon deep into the floating carcass of Humbug
- Medicine - 11:01 Researchers aim to improve health of children in Ghana
- Physics - 10:02 Made-in- Wisconsin atom probe assisted dating of oldest piece of earth
- Microtechnics - 09:01 Cybersecurity science aims to disarm digital threats
- Medicine - Apr 17 Deaths from viral hepatitis surpasses HIV/AIDS as a preventable cause of deaths in Australia
- Business - Apr 16 Chocolate milk ban riles schoolchildren
- Medicine - Apr 16 Firm targets 3D printing synthetic tissues, organs
- Astronomy - Apr 16 Sentinel-1 first images
- Astronomy - Apr 16 First radar vision for Copernicus
- Psychology - Apr 16 Inhibited children become anxious adults
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 16 Atkinson Center launches postdoc fellowships
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 16 Elephant expert shares calls, images from the wild
- History - Apr 16 Columbia Professors Help Illuminate the Crisis in Ukraine
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 16 Shade Grown Coffee Shrinking as a Proportion of Global Coffee Production
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Computer Science - 16.4
Dozentin / Dozent IT-Systemtechnik
- Psychology - 16.4
- Chemistry - 15.4
Postdoc Materials Science
- Media Sciences - 15.4
- Earth Sciences - 11.4
Faculty position in Geo-Energy
- Administration - 11.4
- Mechanical Engineering - 16.4
Assistant / Associate/Full Professors Steel & Composite Structures
- - 16.4
Murdoch Singapore Pte Ltd - Lecturer in Communications
- Business - 16.4
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non-tenure-track)
- Social Sciences - 16.4
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Sprecherziehung (BV gem. 98 UG 2002)
- Business - 16.4
Juniorprofessur (W1) - Web Data Mining
- Business - 16.4
Juniorprofessur (W1) für Betriebswirtschaftliche Steuerlehre, insbesondere Unternehmensbesteuerung
- Medicine - 14.4
Professorship of Nuclear Medicine
- Business - 14.4
Chair in Management Accounting - 31975
- Psychology - 17.4
Professor of Practice in Psychology
- Administration - 17.4
Lecturer or Assistant Professor