The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Administration - 18:00 Lego housing, automatic ambulances and car- free streets
- Earth Sciences - 17:00 Four candidate landing sites for ExoMars 2018
- Business - 15:01 UCL entrepreneur launches Kickstarter campaign for concept store
- Medicine - 14:04 Health innovations pay off in cost savings, better patient care
- Astronomy - 14:03 Solving the mystery of the "man in the moon"
- Social Sciences - 14:03 MIT launches Laboratory for Social Machines with major Twitter investment
- Life Sciences - 14:00 Stem cells: master builders, drug testers, immortal elements
- Medicine - 14:00 Appointment of leading academic to boost quality of patient care in the Midlands
- Medicine - 10:08 New apps and e-tools protecting young people from mental health problems
- Medicine - 10:08 Whispering implants - surfaces that communicate in bio- chemical Braille
- Medicine - 10:07 Novartis showcases dermatology leadership on International Urticaria Day announcing new data to be presented at EADV 2014
- Social Sciences - 10:01 Young Aussie women now fatter but fitter
- Medicine - 10:01 Acupuncture Does Not Improve Chronic Knee Pain
- Environmental Sciences - 10:00 Online resource to support the work of biodiversity conservation organisations
- Medicine - 09:03 Exercise to prevent falls and fractures
- Medicine - 09:03 Food Poverty: Experts Say Foodbanks Are Inevitable in the UK
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 1.10
Dozierende / Projektleiter / innen mit Schwerpunkt Beratung oder Methoden der Sozialen Arbeit
- Business - 1.10
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiterin / Mitarbeiter
- Architecture - 1.10
Faculty Position in Renewable Energy in Buildings
- Sport Sciences - 1.10
Associate professor in social sciences in sport and physical activity education and training
- Psychology - 1.10
Lecturer and researcher type 2 (mer2) in child and adolescent psychology consultation
- Business - 30.9
Dozent /-in Wirtschaftsinformatik mit Forschungserfahrung
- Law - 30.9
Associate Professor, School of Law
- Earth Sciences - 30.9
Assistant Professor in Human Geography
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Literature - 17.9
Universitätsprofessur für Anglistische Sprachwissenschaft
- Earth Sciences - 30.9
Universitätsprofessur für Physische Geographie
- Social Sciences - 30.9
Universitätsprofessur für Kulturgeographie
- Administration - 25.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Behavioural Science and Public Policy
- Life Sciences - 24.9
Readerships / Professorships, Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour
- Medicine - 1.10
Laboratory Medicine - Assistant, Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA8512)
- Arts - 1.10
Music Education - Assistant Professor (AA8482)