The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Law - 13:01 Special moot focuses on legal rights of the disabled
- Medicine - 08:02 Novartis’ heart failure medicine LCZ696 granted accelerated assessment by CHMP in Europe
- Astronomy - Nov 27 Tim Peake’s Principia mission logo
- Life Sciences - Nov 27 UK and India collaborate on future- proof crops
- Astronomy - Nov 27 The gold standard
- Administration - Nov 27 Comment: Lee Rigby report is another weapon in the propaganda war
- Social Sciences - Nov 27 National survey to shape the future of hearing loss research
- Mechanical Engineering - Nov 27 Engineers create ’superomniphobic’ texture capable of repelling all liquids
- Environmental Sciences - Nov 27 Risks from extreme weather are ‘significant and increasing’
- Earth Sciences - Nov 27 Frost- covered chaos on Mars
- Administration - Nov 27 Sussex professor calls for worldwide protection of journalists
- Astronomy - Nov 27 Scientists boost NASA’s missions to Mars
- Philosophy - Nov 27 New research to address how to successfully end wars
- Architecture - Nov 27 UQ storm damage update
- Medicine - Nov 27 Why drying washing indoors can pose a health threat
- History - Nov 27 Excavating WWI practice trenches in Cumbria
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 28.11
Professor in Molecular Biology
- Media Sciences - 28.11
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiter/in für die Bereiche Content-Management und Online-Redaktion (60-100%)...
- Chemistry - 27.11
Ingénieur en chimie (H/F)
- Social Sciences - 27.11
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Bildung, Menschenrechte, Inklusion (50–70 %)
- Mathematics - 24.11
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Mathematikdidaktik (50 %)
- Arts - 20.11
Vizedirektorin / Vizedirektor Lehre
- Medicine - 27.11
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor - Physiotherapy
- Business - 25.11
Professor of Economics
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Social Sciences - 4.9
Juniorprofessur für Ethnologie mit Schwerpunkt, Politische Anthropologie (mit tenure track)
- Microtechnics - 13.11
Professorship Manufacturing Engineering (Produktionstechnik) (W2)
- Education - 27.11
Juniorprofessur für Immuntoxikologie mit dem Schwerpunkt Refinement von Tierversuchen (Ausschreibungsfrist:...
- Mechanical Engineering - 27.11
Lecturer / Associate Professor in Fluid Dynamics
- Social Sciences - 24.11
Professor of Criminology (Full-time, Permanent)
- Medicine - 27.11
Professor/ Associate Professor
- Business - 27.11
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor - Accounting