The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Astronomy - 18:00 Rosetta watches comet shed its dusty coat
- Business - 17:01 Identify HR’s role for M&A deals to succeed
- Medicine - 17:01 Study explores key influences on British health policy
- Literature - 17:00 One in five online scholarly articles affected by ’reference rot’
- Law - 17:00 Does the First Amendment need a New Deal?
- Computer Science - 16:01 Researcher talks about his involvement in the film Ex-Machina
- History - 16:00 Site of Brunel’s ss Great Britain ‘shipwreck’ located in Northern Ireland
- Astronomy - 16:00 Satellites for peat’s sake
- Event - 15:02 Foreign correspondent Richard Engel will be Stanford’s 2015 Commencement speaker
- Medicine - 15:02 The Blue Shield and Sutter Health impasse and what it means to Stanford employees
- Business - 15:02 Super Bowl ads not profitable for competing brands, Stanford scholar says
- Medicine - 14:01 Ethnic minorities and deprived communities hardest hit by air pollution
- Business - 13:02 Want to kickstart the Canadian economy? Try "indovation", says U of’T prof
- Business - 13:02 Look what happens when researchers from one of the world's top ten computer science departments launch a startup
- Chemistry - 13:02 Researchers at Penn, Berkeley and Illinois Use Oxides to Flip Graphene Conductivity
- Environmental Sciences - 13:02 Susan Kidwell receives Mary Clark Thompson Medal
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Microtechnics - 26.1
Senior R&D Engineer
- Microtechnics - 25.1
Dozentin / Dozent Energietechnik mit Forschungsanteil
- Psychology - 23.1
PhD positions Psychopathologie & Klinische Intervention UZH
- Civil Engineering - 22.1
Assistente in Ingegneria edile / civile o in architettura
- Social Sciences - 22.1
Führungspersönlichkeit (Vizedirektor/in) für das Zentrum für Lehre
- Business - 21.1
Consultant im Bereich int. Handel- und Transportwesen 100%
- Environmental Sciences - 26.1
Associate professor in environmental history
- Microtechnics - 25.1
Asst./Assoc. Professor of Design Theory & Methodology
- Business - 13.1
Professur (m/w) - Innovationsnetzwerke (20h)
- Computer Science - 3.12
Universitätsprofessur für Informatik und deren Didaktik am Institut für Informatikdidaktik
- Life Sciences - 26.1
Professur "Molekulare Genetik" im Fachbereich Biologie
- Pedagogy - 26.1
Professur Ökonomie und ökonomische Bildung am Institut für Sprach-, Literatur- und Sozialwissenschaften...
- Computer Science - 26.1
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of Computer Science (Algorithms)
- Literature - 26.1
Marshal Foch Professor of French Literature
- Medicine - 24.1
Assistant Clinical Professor 12
- - 24.1
Assistant Professor 12