The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Literature - 09:00 A Book of Strange and Wonderful Tales and its Eminent Translator
- Life Sciences - Dec 19 Stanford chemists take step toward solving mystery of how enzymes work
- Medicine - Dec 19 Ways to improve public health at beaches
- Social Sciences - Dec 19 Strong neighborhood ties can help reduce gun violence
- Medicine - Dec 19 Imperial strengthens senior health leadership roles
- Physics - Dec 19 Dynamic New App for Learning About Particle Physics Now Available
- Medicine - Dec 19 U of T's great cities stories of 2014: the year in review
- Life Sciences - Dec 19 Lost memories might be able to be restored, new UCLA study indicates
- Computer Science - Dec 19 Prime Minister learns how Lancaster University technology protects children online
- Business - Dec 19 Diverse ideas served up at first food systems summit
- Mechanical Engineering - Dec 19 Shaping the future of aviation
- Social Sciences - Dec 19 Vitamin D link to short- sightedness ruled out
- Environmental Sciences - Dec 19 Weighing risks and rewards, pregnant women eat less fish
- Astronomy - Dec 19 Satellites guide sailor from treacherous waters
- Medicine - Dec 19 Jason Moore Named Director of the Institute for Biomedical Informatics at Penn Medicine
- Medicine - Dec 19 Effective Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes Patients with Severe Hypoglycemia
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Arts - 18.12
Vizedirektorin / Vizedirektor Lehre
- Administration - 18.12
SNI Outreach Manager (f/m)
- Agronomy - 18.12
PhD position (m/f) in plant ecology
- Business - 17.12
Dozenten / Dozentin und Studiengangsleiter/in im Bereich Leadership und HR Development
- Medicine - 16.12
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Cytometry) PhD Position
- Literature - 15.12
Professeur-e assistant-e en littérature italienne moderne et contemporaine
- Literature - 19.12
Chair of Spanish language and culture (1, 0 fte)
- Business - 19.12
Assistant Professor of Economics, with a focus on Organisational Economics (1, 0 fte)
- Computer Science - 3.12
Universitätsprofessur für Informatik und deren Didaktik am Institut für Informatikdidaktik
- Mathematics - 3.12
Full Professor of Stochastic Processes at the Department of Statistics
- Computer Science - 19.12
Vertretungsprofessur für Theoretische Informatik
- Business - 19.12
- Life Sciences - 19.12
Assistant / Associate Professor in Ruminant Nutrition
- Medicine - 19.12
Professorship of Neurology
- Medicine - 20.12
General Internal Medicine - Assistant Professor WOT (AA9485)
- Medicine - 20.12
Cardiology - Assistant, Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA9502)