The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Medicine - 18:00 ESA spaceplane on its way
- Medicine - 13:01 Trials of novel Ebola drugs to be fast- tracked in West Africa
- Medicine - 12:01 Swift action needed to curb Ebola outbreak, study warns
- Earth Sciences - 11:03 Drilling into an active earthquake fault in New Zealand
- Medicine - 11:03 Airway muscle-on-a- chip mimics asthma
- Administration - 11:01 The incredible journey of Captain Dave Henson
- Social Sciences - 11:00 Domestic abuse Bill ’doesn’t go far enough’
- Business - Sep 23 3 Questions: Calestous Juma on African development
- Environmental Sciences - Sep 23 Q&A: Science journalism and public engagement
- Medicine - Sep 23 TRI welcomes new CEO
- History - Sep 22 Remembering the forgotten heroes of the First World War
- Medicine - Sep 22 Construction begins on centre dedicated to children’s health
- Literature - Sep 22 Ireland, Wales and the First World War
- Physics - Sep 22 Nanoscale facility 'open for business,' leaders say
- - Sep 22 Over 100 researchers light up city science on Bright Night
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Sport Sciences - 23.9
PROFESSEUR-E ASSOCIE-E EN SCIENCES SOCIALES Domaine de spécialisation : EDUCATION ET FORMATION PAR LE...
- Mechanical Engineering - 22.9
Dozentin / Dozent Mechanik, Festigkeitslehre und Werkstofftechnik
- Medicine - 19.9
Praxisverantwortliche / Praxisverantwortlichen für den Bachelorstudiengang Pflege
- Life Sciences - 19.9
Faculty Position in Biomaterials
- Business - 18.9
Associate Professor in Management and Director of Executive Education
- Computer Science - 17.9
Faculty Positions in Computer Science
- Life Sciences - 22.9
Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics / Systems Biology at the Departement of Knowledge Engineering,...
- Business - 22.9
Full Professor (HL/Hoogleraar) in Media and Business (f/m, 1.0 fte)
- Business - 19.9
UniversitätsprofessorIn für die Stiftungsprofessur "Industrielle Energiesysteme"
- Literature - 17.9
Universitätsprofessur für Anglistische Sprachwissenschaft
- Pedagogy - 22.9
Juniorprofessur (W1) für "Fachdidaktik in der Technik" im Fachbereich Maschinenbau und Verfahrenstechnik...
- Mathematics - 22.9
Juniorprofessur für Mathematische Statistik
- Arts - 22.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of Music
- Business - 22.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of Economics for Development
- Earth Sciences - 23.9
- Medicine - 23.9
Asst/Assoc / Professor