The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Environmental Sciences - Sep 2 Dwindling waterways challenge desert fish in warming world
- Physics - Sep 2 No Fukushima Radiation Found in Coastal Areas
- Chemistry - Sep 2 Attractive Kick- off of NCCR «Molecular System Engineering»
- Earth Sciences - Sep 2 New satellite maps out Napa Valley earthquake
- Medicine - Sep 2 Novartis to unveil new data from three key clinical trials at European Respiratory Society International Congress 2014
- Astronomy - Sep 1 Report finds positives in proposed LA minimum wage hike
- Medicine - Aug 30 Novartis’ LCZ696 cut cardiovascular deaths by 20%
- Administration - Aug 29 Twenty- five names added to University’s First World War roll of honour
- Life Sciences - Aug 29 Going to Extremes for Enzymes
- History - Aug 29 Anti- Semitism surge in Europe reflects loss of values, historical awareness, says Stanford scholar
- Philosophy - Aug 29 Critics pour cold water on the Ice Bucket Challenge: are they right?
- Life Sciences - Aug 28 Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
- Careers - Aug 28 Comment: A stuttering recovery is the smokescreen for an attack on European employment rights
- Medicine - Aug 28 Arthritis patients failing to take expensive medication, according to research
- Life Sciences - Aug 27 A touching story: The ancient conversation between plants, fungi and bacteria
- Social Sciences - Aug 27 Cool Roofs in China Can Save Energy and Reduce Emissions
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 2.9
PhD candidate SwiSCI SNF (100%)
- Social Sciences - 1.9
Zwei Dozierende mit Unterrichts- und Forschungstätigkeit
- Life Sciences - 29.8
Post-doc or research scientist for aerosol chemistry
- Business - 29.8
Wissenschaftliche/r MitarbeiterIn und DoktorandIn in Bank- und Finanzmanagement
- Life Sciences - 29.8
PhD position: Bioinformatic data integration: Assessing microbial biodiversity of agricultural ecosystems...
- Physics - 27.8
Lecturer Sustainable Energy Systems
- Administration - 2.9
Professor i rättsvetenskap
- Pedagogy - 2.9
Associate Professor of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Computer Science - 19.8
Professur Signal Processing (m/w)
- Social Sciences - 7.8
Kennung 422/14 - Assoziierte Professur am Zentrum für Gebärdensprache und Hörbehindertenkommunikation...
- - 2.9
Professur - Fak. V, Inst. fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt (02.09.2014)
- Medicine - 1.9
The University of Duisburg-Essen Medical Center is inviting applications for a professorship in Neurology...
- Administration - 1.9
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Public Policy (Global Economic Governance)
- Business - 27.8
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance
- Business - 2.9
Assistant, Associate, Full Professor - Accounting
- Social Sciences - 1.9
Professor of Sociology: Family Sociology