The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis vaccine Bexsero sees high uptake in first large- scale public vaccination program to help protect against devastating meningitis B
- Medicine - 07:02 New research to tackle treatment for lung disease
- Careers - 07:01 Tribunal fees have ‘severely limited access to justice’ for workers
- Business - Jul 28 Why aren't consumers buying remanufactured products?
- Medicine - Jul 28 Scissoring the lipids
- Astronomy - Jul 28 Venus Express: up above the clouds so high
- Medicine - Jul 28 Three of four California children with mental health needs don’t get treatment
- Medicine - Jul 28 Shutsung Liao, biochemist who studied role of hormones in prostate cancer, 1931- 2014
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 ’Next time we will win!’: Gaza’s cycles of violence
- Architecture - Jul 28 3-D printing helps designers build a better brick
- Business - Jul 28 Field day offers insight into hops industry
- Mechanical Engineering - Jul 28 Cruising high seas, engineers detect fake GPS signals
- Astronomy - Jul 28 Rocket Research Confirms X-Ray Glow Emanates from Galactic Hot Bubble
- Arts - Jul 28 ’Textiles of Timor, Island in the Woven Sea’ opens Sept. 7 at the Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Chemistry - Jul 28 Cagey Material Acts as Alcohol Factory
- Medicine - Jul 28 New protein structure could help treat Alzheimer’s, related diseases
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Professeur-e en développement durable
- Medicine - 24.7
- Business - 23.7
Professor in Marketing
- Chemistry - 22.7
PhD Scholarship in Chemistry (Synthesis Polymeric Nanomaterials)
- Mathematics - 22.7
BereichsleiterIn Forschungsförderung 80-100%
- Social Sciences - 17.7
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80 %)
- Mathematics - 28.7
Associate Professor / Professor in Applied Mathematics, School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics...
- Medicine - 28.7
Leonard p Ullmann Chair in Translational Metabolic Health
- Social Sciences - 23.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Stilkunde und Aufführungspraxis (BV gem....
- Physics - 17.7
Stiftungsprofessur Schwerpunkt Photonik
- Business - 12.6
Professorship in Economics of Energy Markets
- Medicine - 25.7
Professur (W3) für Anatomie, Kennziffer W876
- Chemistry - 28.7
Research Administrator for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Chemistry - 28.7
Laboratory Manager for the Herchel Smith Professor of Organic Chemistry Group
- Architecture - 26.7
Associate Professor / Professor
- Architecture - 26.7
Associate Professor/ Professor