- Administration - Jul 3 Explainer: The Greek debt crisis and bailout referendum
- Administration - Jul 3 Analysis: The real question being asked of Greek voters in the referendum
- Study of Religions - Jul 3 Researcher helps to develop a pioneering digital prayer project
- Social Sciences - Jul 3 Staff- prisoner relationships are key to managing suicide risk in prison, say researchers
- Literature - Jul 3 Novel Thoughts #8: Amy Milton on Hubert Selby’s Requiem for a Dream
- Physics - Jul 3 Two Institute of Physics medals for Imperial
- Medicine - Jul 3 Shoppers confused by ’traffic light’ food labels, says study
- Life Sciences - Jul 3 Ahoy there! Spiders really can sail across oceans
- Medicine - Jul 3 Gene therapy for cystic fibrosis shows encouraging trial results
- Environmental Sciences - Jul 3 Scientists warn: ocean near tipping point
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Expert: Editing stem cell genes will “revolutionize” biomedical research
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Landmark genetic analysis identifies how woolly mammoth adapted to arctic life
- Arts - Jul 2 What makes a good horror movie?
- Life Sciences - Jul 2 Our sense of smell evolved, including in cave men
- Medicine - Jul 2 Why BRCA gene resists cancer treatment
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 4.7
Assistant Professor in Applied Economics
- Environmental Sciences - 3.7
PhD candidate (soil science, ecology)
- Life Sciences - 2.7
PhD position in NEUROSCIENCES: Pain Research
- Business/Economics - 2.7
Direktorin / Direktor Hochschule Luzern - Wirtschaft
- Psychology - 2.7
Assistant Professor of Behavioral Medicine (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- Administration/Government - 1.7
Collaborateur / trice scientifique à 80-100%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 4.7
Professor in ice core related research
- Physics/Materials Science - 3.7
Chair of BioPhotonics, Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics
- Event - 29.6
Professur für Event Engineering
- Education/Continuing Education - 8.6
Professur für Industrial Management
- Earth Sciences - 3.7
Professur für Orts-, Regional- und Landesentwicklung / Raumplanung am Institut für Geographie
- Mechanical Engineering - 2.7
- Computer Science/Telecom - 4.7
Chair in Computer Science and Digital Games
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 3.7
Chair in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 3.7
- Arts and Design - 3.7
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Directing / Film Production, Fall 2015