The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Environmental Sciences - Mar 4 Traditional beliefs promote sustainability in West Africa
- Social Sciences - Mar 4 New take on ’Vagina Monologues’ aims to spur discussion
- Astronomy - Mar 4 ESA experts assess risk from exploded satellite
- Administration - Mar 4 New C-suite position needed to tackle todays issues
- Medicine - Mar 4 Drugs Live results: how different types of cannabis affect the brain
- Administration - Mar 4 Comment: With two months until the election, the Liberal Democrat story is already written
- Earth Sciences - Mar 4 Podcast: LKCMedicine, Ebola, and the dinosaurs’ demise
- Earth Sciences - Mar 4 Earliest known fossil of the genus Homo dates to 2.8 to 2.75 million years ago
- Astronomy - Mar 4 Why isn’t the universe as bright as it should be?
- Life Sciences - Mar 4 Metabolic Path to Improved Biofuel Production
- Medicine - Mar 4 Radiation oncology department created at Weill Cornell
- Environmental Sciences - Mar 4 Amazon deforestation ’threshold’ causes species loss to accelerate
- Environmental Sciences - Mar 4 Lichen to thrill as rare Golden- eye is discovered in South Wales
- Law - Mar 4 Death of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov
- Computer Science - Mar 4 Kids and robots learn to write together
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Administration/Government - 3.3
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 80-100%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 2.3
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in Information Systems and Data Science
- Business/Economics - 2.3
WissenschaftlicheR MitarbeiterIn am Lehrstuhl für Finance
- Social Sciences - 2.3
Collaborateur ou Collaboratrice scientifique
- Arts and Design - 27.2
Professeur-e HES Responsable de son Département Design Mode et Accessoires
- Arts and Design - 27.2
Chargé-e de cours HES en Design mode
- Business/Economics - 4.3
Professor of Accounting
- Microtechnics - 3.3
Professor or Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in Desalination or Water Treatment
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 18.2
§ 99 Universitätsprofessur für Gesundheitspsychologie am Institut für Psychologie
- Social Sciences - 4.9
Juniorprofessur für Ethnologie mit Schwerpunkt, Politische Anthropologie (mit tenure track)
- Law/Forensics - 4.3
Juniorprofessur Für Zivilrecht Unter Bes. Berücks. Rechtswissenschaftlicher Fachdidaktik (jp 238)
- Business/Economics - 3.3
Professor für Wirtschaftsinformatik mit Schwerpunkt "Betriebliche Informationssysteme"
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 4.3
Associate Professor in Health Informatics /e-Health research
- Administration/Government - 4.3
Professor in Human Resource Management / Organisational Behaviour
- Mechanical Engineering - 4.3
Clinical Assistant Professor - Civil and Materials Engineering
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 3.3
Visiting Assistant Professor