The two-day UCLA–Peking University Joint Research Institute symposium will highlight the results of collaborative research by UCLA and PKU scholars in the areas of science, engineering and medicine and showcase new developments by leading faculty at both universities.
- Architecture - Apr 24 Cloud artist leaves lasting impression of fleeting work
- Life Sciences - Apr 24 Penn Fruitfly Study Identifies Brain Circuit that Drives Daily Cycles of Rest, Activity
- Medicine - Apr 24 Michael Owen scores in London Marathon for Manchester eye research and treatment
- Life Sciences - Apr 24 A scourge of rural Africa, the tsetse fly is genetically deciphered
- Medicine - Apr 24 Roger Roffman chronicles society’s long struggle with pot in ‘Marijuana Nation’
- Physics - Apr 24 When it comes to security at nuclear facilities, danger likely lurks from within, Stanford scholar says
- Social Sciences - Apr 24 Obama’s Asian trip reflects new global dynamics, Stanford scholar says
- Administration - Apr 24 Stronger SUNet passwords to enhance account security at Stanford
- Philosophy - Apr 24 $4.5M project focuses on hope and optimism
- Administration - Apr 24 Already sharing services, NYS schools could do more
- Chemistry - Apr 24 Lighting up the lab: Team harnesses light for controlled chemical reaction
- Chemistry - Apr 24 Coated droplets hint at formation of early cells
- Earth Sciences - Apr 24 UCL and HR Wallingford collaborate to construct Europe’s largest tsunami simulator
- Pedagogy - Apr 24 Paying closer attention to attention
- Environmental Sciences - Apr 24 Exploring the life and legacies of an untimely prophet
- Earth Sciences - Apr 24 Mega- heatwaves dissected
UCLA-Peking University symposium highlights scholars’ collaborative research, innovations
The first day of the symposium will feature sessions on innovations in materials science, information technology, environmental science, epidemiology, and biological and medical sciences. The second day will include lab tours and discussions on next steps for collaborations, along with a tour of the Port of Los Angeles, with an emphasis on air quality and environmental improvements.
Tong Zhu, of PKU’s College of Environmental Science, will discuss formation processes and the health impacts of atmospheric pollution in Beijing and the North China Plain.
Jeff Burke, of UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television and UCLA’s Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance, will discuss named data networking and the future of civic and cultural information technology.
Jing Huang, of UCLA’s molecular and medical pharmacology department, will discuss new molecules that fight aging.
XiaoDong Hu, of PKU’s physics department, will discuss his exploration and study of LED lighting systems for the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, China.
Kai Lei, of PKU’s Center for Internet Research and Engineering, will discuss the research and practice of content-centric networking with P2P and video streaming.
Established in 2008, the UCLA–PKU Joint Research Institute promotes collaborative research in science, engineering and medicine, as well as student and faculty exchanges. It is the one of the largest collaborative research efforts between a UC campus and an overseas university, involving 150 faculty members from both universities.
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 24.4
Post-Doctoral Position in Protein Engineering
- Social Sciences - 23.4
Dozentin / Dozent mit Unterrichts- und Forschungstätigkeit
- Computer Science - 23.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (70 %) Neue Bildungsinhalte im Bereich Informatik
- Media Sciences - 23.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (60 %) Kommunikation und Organisation neuer Bildungsinhalte im Bereich Informatik...
- Literature - 22.4
Doktorand/in Französische Linguistik Schwerpunkt Angewandte Linguistik
- Civil Engineering - 22.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiterin / Wissensch. Mitarbeiter Luft-Wasserreinheit
- Physics - 24.4
Professor of Nuclear Reactor Physics
- Medicine - 24.4
Resmed Chair in Sleep-disordered Breathing & Chronic Disease Management
- Arts - 23.4
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Klavier / Klavierduo (BV gem. 99 UG 2002)...
- Business - 16.4
Universitätsassistent/in post doc Non Tenure Track (Assistant Professor, non-tenure-track)
- Law - 24.4
Professur für Strafrecht mit Kriminologie, Strafvollzugsrecht und Jugendstrafrecht
- Media Sciences - 24.4
Universitätsprofessur (Bes.-Gr. W2) für, Professionelle Kommunikation in elektronischen Medien / Social...
- Physics - 23.4
WRIPA Project Manager
- Administration - 23.4
Associate Professorship (or Professorship) in Public Policy (Public Administration and Management)
- Medicine - 24.4
Assistant/ Associate/ Full Professor
- Medicine - 24.4
Instructor / Asst Prof / Assoc Prof - OB/Gyn (Generalist)