- Medicine - 08:01 Novartis partners with Phase 4 Partners and institutional investors to help create Mereo BioPharma Group Ltd
- Business - 06:02 Secretary of State for Business announces investment boost for UK’s largest dynamic test facility
- Microtechnics - Jul 29 Making the new silicon
- Physics - Jul 29 Rogue wave theory to save ships »
- Social Sciences - Jul 28 Bruce Kidd: sprinter Dutee Chand’s historic win for right to compete "affirms women exactly as they are"
- Medicine - Jul 28 How stem cell research and regenerative medicine saved this man's life
- Pedagogy - Jul 28 'Redshirting' kids yields no advantage in higher education
- Physics - Jul 28 Physicists close in on world's most sensitive resonators
- Agronomy - Jul 28 More secondary schools serve healthier lunches
- Medicine - Jul 28 McGill gets $91.5 Mln in CIHR funding
- Life Sciences - Jul 28 Young Animal Welfare Scientist of the Year
- Mechanical Engineering - Jul 28 EPSRC rail consortium shows how to cut costs and reduce delays
- Agronomy - Jul 28 Chill- tolerant hybrid sugarcane also grows at lower temperatures
- Mechanical Engineering - Jul 28 CMU’s Software Engineering Institute Contract Renewed by Department of Defense for $1.73 Billion
Under the Microscope #12 – Brain cells from skin cells
This is a beautiful image of human brain cells, which can now be grown from adult skin cells.
Under the Microscope is a collection of videos that show glimpses of the natural and man-made world in stunning close-up. They are released every Monday and Thursday and you can see them here: io9.com.
“Brain neural stem cells derived from human skin cells: these stem cells express typical marker genes of brain neocortical stem cells, such as Pax6 (Red fluorescent labeled), and form a rosette structure resembling the transection of the neural tube.”
The entire image is about 250 ’m across (a really thick bit of human hair).
Picture taken by Yichen Shi in the Livesey Lab
Voice over by Fred Lewsey.
Music by Peter Nickalls: www.peternickalls.com
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 28.7
Faculty Position in Plasma Physics
- Civil Engineering - 28.7
Faculty Positions in Transportation Engineering and Transportation Systems
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.7
4 Doctoral Student/Post-Doc Positions (Salary Scale 13 TV-L)
- Life Sciences - 22.7
Wissenschaftliche Assistenten und Assistentinnen in angewandter Forschung
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.7
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e dans le domaine Intervention en situation scolaire
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.7
Projektleiter/in als Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (80−100 %) Arbeits- und Organisationspsychologie...
- Environmental Sciences - 28.7
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Environmental Management
- Environmental Sciences - 27.7
Assistant Professor: Global Environmental Change (1, 0 FTE)
- Arts and Design - 15.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Musiktheater-Regie (BV gem. § 99 UG )
- Social Sciences - 13.7
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Instrumental- und Gesangspädagogik (BV gem....
- - 28.7
- - 28.7
- Microtechnics - 28.7
Associate Professor in Oceanic Engineering Science
- Mechanical Engineering - 28.7
Assistant Professor in Additive Manufacturing Operations Research
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 29.7
Family Medicine - MEDEX - Assistant or Associate or Full Professor WOT (AA12561)
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 29.7
AGRI Research Chair in Gambling Policy