Culture in all its forms, the dissemination and construction of knowledge are among the fundamental missions of universities. The creation of an Observatory of cultural audiences and practices aims to evaluate the institution’s actions and to respond to a growing demand for audience studies, both internally and from partners within the Aix-Marseille Université perimeter. This introductory morning will be an opportunity to introduce this quantitative, qualitative, exploratory and interdisciplinary evaluation system and its missions.
Thursday, December 8, 2022 - from 9am to 1pm
Museum of History of Marseille, 2 Rue Henri Barbusse, 13001 Marseille
By offering to combine scientific rigor and requirement with professional expertise in terms of survey methodology and analysis, the Observatory is at the interface of scientific research and the worlds of culture. The project team favors working in collaboration with numerous partners such as cultural and leisure structures and institutions, local authorities, scientific culture distribution networks, etc. The result is adjusted and territorialized studies thanks to which the Observatory comes to enlighten public debates and contribute to develop the dialogue between science and society on cultural issues.
This morning’s program will include a presentation of the Observatory, as well as current and future surveys. Participants will be able to discover in more detail a survey already conducted at the Fonds Régional d’Art Contemporain Provence-Alpes Côte d’Azur (FRAC) and to attend the feedback from this collaboration.
Interested? Do not hesitate to fill in this form to indicate your participation to the event.
Presentation of the Observatory : https://mesopolhis.fr/observatoire-sciences-et-societe-mesri-amu/
The Observatory of audiences and cultural practices is a project supported and financed by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, coordinated within Aix-Marseille Université by the MESOPOLHIS laboratory (UMR 7064).
- 9:00 am - Coffee reception
- 9:15 - Presentation: The Observatory of cultural audiences and practices
- 9:30 am - Ongoing surveys & exchanges with the public
- 10:30 - Break
- 10:45 - Focus on a survey: The Regional Fund of Contemporary Art (FRAC PACA)
- 11:15 am - The Frac’s voice: look back on collaboration & exchanges with the public
- 12h00 - Upcoming surveys, blog, seminar
- 12:30 - Forum of questions
Some surveys in progress
Audiences for contemporary art FRAC PACA / Scientific culture within the perimeter of Aix Marseille Université / The History Museum of Marseille in the heart of the Centre Bourse / Biennial of Digital Imaginations / All the light on the SEGPA with the Alhambra, etc.
AMU laboratories and institutes partners of the surveys
TELEMMe / IMSIC / ARKAIA Institute, etc.
- Sylvia Girel (coordinator, professor)
- Maria-Elena Buslacchi (postdoctoral researcher)
- Matthieu Demory (PhD candidate)
- Gloria Romanello (postdoctoral researcher)
- Elisa Ullauri Lloré (postdoctoral researcher)
- Alexia Cappuccio (PhD candidate)
- Sami Dendani (research engineer)
- With the collaboration of students of the master of Sociology, the master of Cultural Mediation of Arts, the master of Archaeology.