Are you confused about how your pension might be impacted by the proposed USS changes? Join us and put your questions to independent universities pensions specialist Rebecca Dodd.
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) has decided to accept a package of recommendations submitted by Universities UK (UUK) in response to the USS 2020 valuation, with some modifications.
Pensions and these proposed changes are complex, and you may be worried about what they mean for your retirement. These recommendations will affect the level of benefits provided through the scheme, and UCL wants to give all staff the chance to understand the difference they will make to your future.
We have invited Rebecca Dodd, an independent pensions expert from Mercer, for a Pensions Explainer event on Zoom to update staff on the situation, put the proposals in context, and answer your questions.
The event will cover:
- an overview of current USS benefits and contributions;
- the USS valuation in context, including what it is, the parties involved, valuation results, and current decisions and proposals on the table;
- next steps including the consultation on the recommendations, an estimated timeline and what might happen if the reforms aren’t introduced.
Put your questions to the Rebecca in a Q&A at the end. Questions can be submitted in advance via this link. Alternatively, and enter the code UCLUSS.
Do check the questions already asked to see if your query has already been put forward and please note that you will need to submit your name with your question. Anonymous and duplicate questions to ones already asked will not be approved by the moderators.
The event will take place on Zoom at 3pm on Wednesday 22 September.
Register for the event
- For more information see UCL’s online bank of resources , including videos and advice from independent pensions experts.
- Find out more about the Universities Superannuation Scheme on the USS website.
- Find out more about Universities UK on the UUK website.