We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Technology Experience in Vienna invites applications for a:
PhD Thesis "Future interaction concepts for virtual / augmented reality applications"
- Experience Business Transformation -
- While working on your PhD thesis you will design, create and evaluate novel interaction concepts for virtual and augmented worlds in different contexts (including training and simulation) - Future concepts such as Tangible Interfaces in Extended Reality (XR) play a central role.
- As part of the implementation, you will conduct experience studies to measure perceived quality and impact and you will identify potential future improvements and innovations from a user-centric perspective.
- Your dissertation is scheduled for three years and is funded by two Horizon Europe projects in the areas of "Virtual Training for Security Forces" and "Virtual Training for First Responders".
- You will carry out independent scientific planning, execution and evaluation of studies and the scientific preparation of results, summary documentation and presentation.
- For this purpose, you will design and lead workshops & studies in which you will develop innovative solutions using state-of-the-art methods and subsequently evaluate them.
- In doing so, you will support the project management in the above-mentioned cooperation projects, take over subtasks and work together with project partners from different domains.
- With your accumulated expertise and know-how, you will support us in the application of further projects.
- You will develop new approaches and publish them in scientific journals and international conferences.
- You actively bring in your knowledge and ideas to our team and contribute to the development of our center’s content and challenging, interdisciplinary projects.
- You will independently find solutions to previously unanswered research questions.
- You will develop into a national and international expert and bring your subject area to the forefront of international research and continuously build up your network in research and industry.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner* :
What to expect:
- Master’s degree in Informatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Data Science (or a related field).
- You have a comprehensive range of knowledge on virtual and augmented worlds and their technical challenges and/or new interaction approaches
- Experience with 3D modeling and development (Unity) is an advantage
- Knowledge of statistics and programming (R, Python, SPSS) advantageous
- Firsthand practical experience in the field of data analysis, web and user interface development advantageous
- Ability to communicate and work in a team, commitment and an independent, responsible approach to work
- Enjoyment of research and enthusiasm for unconventional solutions, creativity and visionary force
- Very good knowledge of English; good knowledge of German would be an advantage
EUR 2.237,60 - gross per month for 30 hours/week, for 36 months. There are additional company benefits. You will be part of our international AIT PhD community and participate in our AIT PhD framework program. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of PhD theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly!
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students.
Please submit your applications documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.