The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.06.2021 of a
The Faculty of Psychology includes the Dean’s office, a StudyServiceCenter and
- Department of Cognition, Emotion, and Methods in Psychology
- Department of Clinical and Health Psychology
- Department of Applied Psychology: Work, Education and Economy
- Department of Developmental and Educational Psychology
- Outpatient Department for Research, Teaching and Practice
The courses offered in Psychology includes a bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies.
Currently there are nearly 3.500 students enrolled; which are taught and supervised by 220 teachers, within nearly 200 courses per semester.
Duration of employment: 4 year/s
20114 Duration of employment: 5 month/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement : §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
A post-doc position is vacant at the Department of Developmental and Educational Psychology at the Faculty of Psychology (40 hours/week, for 3 years with the option of extension for another 3 years). The position is assigned to the area of Educational Psychology and Societal Changes (Chair Prof. Dr. Thomas Götz). We are searching for a new staff member with a Magister/ Master in Psychology, a PhD or doctoral degree in psychology and interest and probably experience in the area of empirical educational research with a focus on emotion or motivation research. The preparation of a cumulative habilitation is encouraged. Applicants should demonstrate an ability to work in a team and high social competence. They will get the chance to work within a highly motivated, committed and internationally oriented team of researchers. Further, a software engineer affiliated to the research team and experimental labs are available for preparing and conducting research projects. Tasks encompass scientific research, holding classes due to extent regulations of wage agreement in the field of empirical educational research and emotion research, supervision of students and administrative collaboration.
Minimum requirements are:
- - PhD or doctoral degree in psychology
- Experience in planning, supervising, conducting, and analyzing empirical research projects
- Concerning empirical methods, experience in at least one of the following areas: Conducting experience sampling studies, conducting questionnaire studies, conducting experimental studies, conducting intervention studies
- Sound knowledge concerning common statistical models and methods used in the field of empirical educational research are expected
- Excellent English and IT skills
- Social and project management competence and the ability to work in a team
Desirable qualifications are:
- Relevant publications in peer-reviewed (mainly international) journals and presentations at international conferences, established international collaborations (joint projects)
- A relevant teaching experience
- Knowledge of academic processes and structures
- Resilience and engagement
- Good social skills
- Letter of intent
- Scientific CV
- Publication and presentation lists
- Description of research interests
- Letters of reference or names of reference persons
Main research field
Special research fields Importance
Educational level Special subject Importance
Language level Importance
Type of computer skills
Specified computer skills Importance
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna ( ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjobcenter.univie.ac.at&module=jobs&id=1914519" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at ) no later than 21.04.2021, mentioning reference number 11847.
For further information please contact Marhold, Selina +43-1-4277-47411.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdiversity.univie.ac.at%2F&module=jobs&id=1914519" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna Reference number: 11847 E-Mail: jobcenter