We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control
is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Research Engineer (m/f/d) - Machine Learning and Development for Autonomous Systems
- You are part of the Autonomous Systems group working at the cutting edge of technologies for assistive & autonomous systems including environment perception, scene understanding, interaction of humans and machines, navigation and control.
- The vast range of applications includes construction, aviation and rail as well as agriculture, robotics, logistics and special purpose machinery.
- As a member of our highly multidisciplinary team you will develop modules for vehicle and machine automation in particular sensor data analysis and fusion (camera, laser, radar, odometry, GNSS, etc.), localization & mapping as well as testing and validation.
- You will participate in the development of machine learning systems for object detection, classification, pose estimation and understanding of scenes.
- You take into account latest research results and requirements of industrial partners.
- Your results will contribute to overcome current roadblocks to the automation of transport, inspection and work scenarios under real world environmental conditions.
- You will have the opportunity to visit and interact with research and industrial partners across Austria and Europe and take over project management.
- Your research results are valued by industry and science and will be integrated in demonstration systems, prototypes and marketable products depending on the technology readiness.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*
What to expect:
- A university degree in computer sciences, electrical or mechatronics engineering or a comparable technical field
- Very good programming skills (C++, Python) and knowledge of current development and integration toolchains
- Linux and embedded systems know-how; experience with ROS
- GPU programming and experience with computer vision (especially machine learning methods) would be beneficial
- Expertise in Software Engineering practices
- Willingness to learn and work in a highly interdisciplinary field
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in German is advantageous but no requir.ement
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women in science is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants! Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.