We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Research Engineer (m/f/d) for Development and Testing of Intelligent Energy Applications
- Center for Energy -
- At the AIT Center for Energy , we work on the energy system of tomorrow. We use innovative technologies and methods from the fields of computer science and software engineering.
- Our international and interdisciplinary team conducts research on novel methods for the development and automated testing of intelligent applications in the energy system such as energy or grid management.
- Our activities cover the complete life cycle of energy applications – from specification and software development to deployment and testing in simulation, laboratory, and real-world environments.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary team of experienced researchers and engineers and will develop innovative software solutions for automation processes in the engineering field and for the validation of solutions in Energy Systems.
- Moreover, you will be responsible for the software development process. Thanks to your several years of experience, you will play a significant role in the development of efficient and reusable software solutions (code and software quality).
- You will design and continuously work with methods for developing, simulating, and testing distributed applications in the energy field.
- You will lead medium to large-scale national and international research and industry projects. These activities will include presentation and publication activities and also participation in scientific conferences.
- You will act as an expert and as a reliable contact person for our stakeholders from the energy sector.
- Your methods for automating complex processes support the development and testing of sustainable applications in the energy sector and reduce manual efforts.
- Your experience, expertise, and enthusiasm for unconventional solutions, enables the further development of our research projects and supports us in the cooperation with national and international stakeholders.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed technical studies (Master's degree), preferably with a focus on software engineering.
- Experience in managing and implementing research projects as well as in scientific work.
- Knowledge of current development technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or CI/CD
- Knowledge of electrical networks and the use of simulation environments
- Interest in collaborating with national and international research partners
- Interest in publishing in journals and at conferences
- Very good presentation skills and English skills (verbal and written), German knowledge would be a plus.
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivation letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.