We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Junior Research Engineer (m/f/d) for Development and Testing of Intelligent Energy Applications
- Center for Energy -
- At the AIT Center for Energy , we work on the energy system of tomorrow. We use innovative technologies and methods from the fields of computer science and software engineering.
- Our international and interdisciplinary team conducts research on novel methods for the development and automated testing of intelligent applications in the energy system such as energy or grid management.
- Our activities cover the complete life cycle of energy applications – from specification and software development to deployment and testing in simulation, laboratory, and real-world environments.
- You will work in the field of software engineering and will support our team in the development of solutions for automation processes in the engineering field and for the validation of solutions in Energy Systems.
- In collaboration with your colleagues, you will learn to design and apply methods for the development, simulation and testing of distributed applications in the energy domain.
- You will have the opportunity to work in an international team of experienced scientists and to gradually take over responsibility for specific project tasks. Therefore you will support your colleagues in carrying out national and international research and customer projects.
- Last but not least, your tasks will also include the participation in national and international conferences including related presentation and publication activities.
- As your methods for the automation of complex processes support the development and verification of sustainable applications in the energy sector and reduce manual efforts, you will be able to see the result of your work in real-life application.
- Through your commitment and motivation, you will actively contribute to the further development of our research projects and support us in the cooperation our with national and international stakeholders.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed technical studies (Master's degree), preferably with a focus on software engineering
- Knowledge of current development technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or CI/CD
- Preferably you have knowledge of electrical networks and the use of simulation environments
- Interest in collaborating with national and international research partners and working on research and industry projects
- Interest in publishing in journals and at conferences
- Good English skills (verbal and written), German knowledge would be a plus
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 45.836,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivation letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.