We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- Center for Energy -
- Within the Digital Resilient Cities Competence Unit you will lead a team of multinational and multidisciplinary experts and focus on the development of digital and carbon-neutral strategies, novel planning approaches for Positive-Energy-Districts as well as advanced urban data analysis and monitoring frameworks on the city and district scale.
- Together with this team you strategically create a market relevant research agenda, which corresponds to the crucial needs of our national and international partners and clients.
- As a part of the competence unit’s leadership team, you will work in close cooperation with fellow leaders from the climate & mobility research fields and the head of the unit in designing the overall research and business strategy and shaping the unit’s development.
- You manage and coordinate the project portfolio and ensure the team meets its acquisition as well as scientific targets.
- Every day you will inspire your team of experts with curiosity and cross-sectoral thinking, ensuring the team is developing positively and meets the expected work qualities.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You continually grow the visibility of your team in key networks associated with smart cities and communities and extend our partner city network in Austria and Europe.
- Through your understanding of the political, social, and economic context of urban issues you create and maintain awareness among urban decision-makers regarding your team’s position as an independent know-how partner, thus engaging us in cutting-edge research projects and co-operations.
- You publish in peer-reviewed journals and represent the team and the unit at international conferences disseminating the latest research results.
What to expect:
- University degree in urban planning, geography, smart city related studies or specialisations
- Deep cross-sectoral understanding of urban development and it’s various domains
- Smart city related partner network (municipalities, industry, science) and/or membership in relevant professional institutions
- Several years of experience in industry and/or applied science environment, fulfilling scientific as well as business related goals
- Experience in leading small to medium-size project teams
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and track research and consulting projects
- Experience in planning and conducting physical or virtual workshops
- Sound scientific track-record
- Very good communication skills in English and good command of German
The gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is at least EUR 57.302,-- as a basis and is supplemented by further, variable salary components. The actual total salary package will be determined individually according to your qualifications and experience. Furthermore, in addition to benefits, we offer flexible working conditions, individual further training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of gender diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivation letter and certificates online.
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.