We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- Center for Health & Bioresources -
- In our Competence Unit Molecular Diagnostics , we develop innovative testing solutions for health monitoring, early detection, evidence-based interventions, and personalized medicine.
- We develop rapid and mobile point-of-care systems for on-site detection and identification of biomolecules such as proteins, DNA/RNA, and metabolites. To achieve this goal, we combine biochemical assays with biosensing approaches and process automation.
- We are an interdisciplinary team of biologists, physicists, chemists, and engineers who work together in an agile and flexible way at the interface between science and industry.
- You will work on a project for a mobile laboratory system for pandemic management.
- You will design and develop novel integrated test strips for viral diagnostics.
- You will work with engineers to integrate the assays into the designed prototypes.
- Together with the project manager, you will communicate with external project partners such as governmental institutes and companies.
- You will be responsible for the experimental design, laboratory work as well as the data analysis.
- You will report and discuss the results within the project team, participate in international conferences and publish in scientific journals.
- Your results will contribute to an innovative point of care system for infectious diseases.
- The devices will be verified in a field mission and exploited by an industrial partner.
- You will establish new rapid point of care systems in our modern state-of-the-art laboratories.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- PhD and/or study and/or industry experience in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, molecular biology or similar
- Motivation to implement novel diagnostic devices and analytical workflows
- Experience with lateral flow devices (LFD), electrochemical sensing and microfluidics will be an advantage
- Laboratory experience, analytical thinking and scientific documentation
- Excellent communication skills in English
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 45.836,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company social benefits, flexible working conditions, individual further training, and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV
, motivation letter
and certificates in one PDF-file
, online. For further information please contact:
Dr. Johannes PEHAM, johannes.peham(
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.