We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
- Center for Digital Safety & Security -
- Quantum technologies harness the principles of quantum physics and enable applications that would not be possible with classical physics.
- As an expert in quantum technology, our goal is to develop future technologies, bring them directly to the customer and advance secure communication systems for critical infrastructures.
- As part of our interdisciplinary team , you will develop new areas of application for quantum technologies.
- In our state-of-the-art laboratories, you will develop experimental prototypes designed to be used in a variety of quantum technologies.
- You will implement quantum communication protocols in the laboratory.
- You will analyse opportunities for implementation of optical quantum computing based on squeezed light.
- You will support us in preparing project proposals and will be responsible for the management of smaller projects or project tasks.
- You will conduct scientific research, document, and analyse your findings, which you will also publish in professional journals and present at conferences and symposia.
- You actively support and supervise our junior scientists (interns).
- Thanks to your innovative work, you will help us to master the current challenges in quantum optics.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a national and international oriented, unique project portfolio.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed master’s studies in physics, technical physics, or similar fields
- Knowledge of quantum information theory and/or quantum communication is beneficial
- Analytical thinking and structured working
- High level of commitment and ability to work in a team
- Good written and spoken English and/or German
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 49.532,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training, and career opportunities. Enrolment for a doctoral study program is possible.
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV
, cover letter
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.