We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy in Vienna invites applications for a:
- Center for Energy -
- Currently there are around 200 international students participating in our AIT PhD Programme . This programme is carried out in cooperation with national or international universities and offers you the opportunity to conduct your dissertation in collaboration with our experts and our national and international project partners from the industry or other research organizations. Thus, you have the chance to develop "out-of-the-box" solutions for real-world problems: Let's make ideas work!
- At the Center for Energy, we are working on future mobility and energy system solutions. The goal of one of these solutions is to study the effects of the future of the transportation systems (e.g. e-mobility) on future energy consumption and energy systems.
- The aim is to better understand the impact of (e-)mobility on the energy system and thus to be able to better assess future needs and development requirements and to make a significant contribution to the climate goals of the European Union.
- During this PHD project, you will advance methodologies in the area of Artificial Intelligence. You work together with an interdisciplinary team from AIT and TU Delft.
- You will apply your newly developed methods to forecast the impacts of the (e-)mobility sector on the energy sector within the years 2030 to 2050. Basis will be mobility and energy data.
- You advance statistical models related to user behaviour, charging strategies and usage of various vehicle (types) and integrate them into models of the energy system. These integrated models provide decision support related to the mobility and energy revolution.
- You are implementing your methods in order to test and apply them. You are analysing and interpreting the achieved results.
- You will conduct large-scale (computer-aided) simulations and will analyse the obtained data.
- You will formulate conclusions and recommendations.
- Within this PhD framework programme, you will have the opportunity to get a training in scientific work and to develop both personally and professionally.
- You will engage in independent scientific planning, execution and evaluation of studies, scientific preparation of results and summaries for documentation and presentation.
- Through your work, it will be possible to formulate recommendations to policy- and decision-makers to advance the achievement of climate targets, in particular those regarding the decarbonization of the mobility sector.
- Your innovative results will contribute to the success of our research projects in the field of sector coupling.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner
What to expect:
- Completed master’s studies (MSc.) in informatics, traffic telematics, mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar field
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge in combinatorial optimisation beneficial; especially exact and heuristic solution approaches
- Excellent programming skills (for e.g. Python, R, Java, etc.)
- Hands-on mentality as well as solution and impact orientation
- High commitment and ability to work in a team as well as willingness to show interest for related topics
- Excellent language skills in English and preferably also in German
EUR 32.204,2 gross per year, for 30 hours / week, plus additional company benefits. You will be part of our international AIT PhD community and participate in our AIT PhD framework programme. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of PhD theses, and we are looking forward to supporting you!
At AIT, the promotion of diversity is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female candidates!
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates
online. For further information please contact:
Matthias PRANDTSTETTER, matthias.prandtstetter
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.