Menü ein (oder ausklappen)
As Austria’s largest research and technology organisation for applied research, we have set ourselves the goal of making substantial contributions to solving the major challenges of our time, climate change and digitisation. To achieve our goals, we rely on our specific research, development and technology competencies, which are the basis of our commitment to excellence in all areas. With our open culture of innovation and our motivated, international teams, we are working to position AIT as Austria’s leading research institution at the highest international level and to make a positive contribution to the economy and society.
Our Center for Digital Safety & Security located in Vienna invites applications for an internship . Our experts from the Center for Digital Safety & Security are developing state-of-the-art information and communication technologies to ensure that our systems are highly secure and reliable in the context of comprehensive digitalisation and global networking - Hereby we focus on a variety of key technologies like Distributed IT Systems, Internet of Things, IoT, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain Technologies, Quantum & Photonic Technologies, Wireless Systems (6G) and Digital solutions for crisis & disaster management.
Our Cyber Security Research Field, part of the Competence Unit " Security and Communication Technologies ", specialises in applied research for digital security and is a pioneer in developing highly innovative concepts, algorithms and systems for anomaly detection, cyber threat intelligence, penetration testing and cryptography . Through our groundbreaking technologies we are simulating modern ICT and OT infrastructures as well as cyber-attack s, which serve as a basis for conducting cyber exercises with the aim of helping companies to increase the resilience of their critical infrastructure and protect their assets as best as possible.
Internship "Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Defence"
CENTER FOR DIGITAL SAFETY & SECURITY
- Under the guidance of our interdisciplinary team, you will deal intensively with the topic of active cyber defense, which involves various monitoring and intrusion detection methods using advanced machine learning and concepts from the domain of Artificial Intelligence.
- You will contribute to new solutions for anomaly detection and the automated application of cyber threat intelligence and may personally contribute to established Open-Source projects.
- Depending on your skills and interests, you will forensically evaluate log data with methods from data science to learn and understand how cyber-attacks can be spotted.
- You may further learn how to build up virtual infrastructures and run simulated attacks to empirically evaluate your implementations on our cyber range.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss with our experts about the latest developments in the Cyber Security field.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You are studying in the field of Informatics, Technical Mathematics, Data Science & Artificial Intelligence or similar
- You already have your Bachelor’s degree and are enrolled in your Master’s studies at an Austrian university
- You have good programming skills in Python, R, Go or other scientific programming languages
- At least basic domain knowledge in Cyber Security, deeper knowledge in technical aspects of cyber security monitoring, attack techniques and threat intelligence is beneficial
- Experience with machine learning applications and Natural Language Processing (NLP) would be an advantage
- Analytical thinking and enthusiasm for highly innovative research
- Interest in the conception of scientific studies and application-oriented questions of the industry
- Interest to work in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate on different topics
- Good verbal and written English and/or German skills
What to expect:
- Duration of the internship: minimum 2 months
- Start date: ideally June/July 2024 - However there is some flexibility concerning the start-date
- A remuneration of EUR 1.256,-- gross per month for 38.5 hours per week. In addition to our company benefits, we offer flexible working conditions and work experience in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT diversity and inclusion are of great importance. This is why we strive to inspire women to join our teams in the field of technology. We welcome applications from women, who will be given preference in case of equal qualifications after taking into account all relevant facts and circumstances of all applications.
Please submit your application documents including your CV and cover letter online.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Florian Skopik, florian.skopik(at)ait.ac.at
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.