Menü ein (oder ausklappen)
As Austria’s largest research and technology organisation for applied research, we have set ourselves the goal of making substantial contributions to solving the major challenges of our time, climate change and digitisation. To achieve our goals, we rely on our specific research, development and technology competencies, which are the basis of our commitment to excellence in all areas. With our open culture of innovation and our motivated, international teams, we are working to position AIT as Austria’s leading research institution at the highest international level and to make a positive contribution to the economy and society.
Our Center for Digital Safety & Security located in Vienna invites applications for an internship . Our experts from the Center for Digital Safety & Security are developing state-of-the-art information and communication technologies to ensure that our systems are highly secure and reliable in the context of comprehensive digitalisation and global networking - Hereby we focus on a variety of key technologies like Distributed IT Systems, Internet of Things, IoT, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain Technologies, Quantum & Photonic Technologies, Wireless Systems (6G) and Digital solutions for crisis & disaster management.
The research field Cyber Security within the Competence Unit for Security and Communication Technologies is leading in applied research of highly innovative aspects of security, including anomaly detection, cyber ranges, penetration testing, and cryptography.
Specifically, our cryptography team is conducting innovative research - for public key cryptography, including secure communication, privacy-enhancing technologies, and long-term and post-quantum security. Our research covers the full spectrum from idea creation to the development of prototypes and demonstrators.
Internship "Development of a Statistics Module & Implementation in our Quantum Key Management System"
CENTER FOR DIGITAL SAFETY & SECURITY
- Under the guidance of our interdisciplinary team, you will develop a statistics module and implement it in our Quantum Key Management System.
- You will program the module in C++ with unit tests, CI pipeline and integration into our agile working software team.
- Other technical tasks accompanying your main goal are investigating cross-platform deployability and improvements to the CI environment.
- You will gain practical experience with one of the leading research companies in Austria.
- You support us in our international project and get exciting insights into our technological environment.
- You will have not only the opportunity to discuss your work experiences and results with experienced scientific peers, but also to connect with other bachelor’s, master’s or PhD candidates.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You are studying in the field of informatics, science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM)
- You already have your Bachelor degree and are enrolled in your Master’s studies at an Austrian university
- You have good programming skills in C++
- Interest in the conception of scientific studies and application-oriented questions of the industry
- Interest to work in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate on different topics
- Good verbal and written English and German skills (team language is English)
What to expect:
- Duration of the internship: minimum 2 months
- Start date: ideally July 2024 - However there is some flexibility concerning the start-date
- A remuneration of EUR 1.256,-- gross per month for 38.5 hours per week. In addition to our company benefits, we offer flexible working conditions and work experience in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT diversity and inclusion are of great importance. This is why we strive to inspire women to join our teams in the field of technology. We welcome applications from women, who will be given preference in case of equal qualifications after taking into account all relevant facts and circumstances of all applications.
Please submit your application documents including your CV and cover letter online.
For further information please contact:
DI Stephan Laschet, stephan.laschet(
Apply online now Back to job listing
Drag your CV here or upload it to create a new profile.