Aix-Marseille University and all the partners in the A*Midex consortium (CNRS, Inserm, IRD, CEA, AP-HM, Sciences-Po Aix, Centrale Marseille) are celebrating 10 years of the Initiative of Excellence on Wednesday, June 1, in the presence of numerous academics and local partners. 10 years of experimentation and innovation, both administrative and scientific, on the entire Aix-Marseille site.
This day will be structured around testimonies from emblematic actors of the Aix-Marseille site who participated in the creation and development of the Initiative of Excellence. 12 researchers, teacher-researchers and students will also illustrate, in a lively and interactive mode, the structuring effect of the actions carried out with the support of the Initiative of Excellence, as well as the collective dynamic of transformation and internationalization of the Aix-Marseille site by 2030.
Program of the day: 10am - 12pm: Opening introduction by Éric Berton,President of Aix-Marseille University, Corinne Brunon-Meunier, Deputy Director General of the Institut de recherche pour le développement, Rostane Mehdi, Director of the Institute of Political Studies of Aix-en-Provence, Andrée Sursock, Member of the International Strategic Council of the A*Midex Excellence Initiative and Jean-Marc Rapp, Member of the International Strategic Council of the A*Midex Excellence Initiative and presentation of the first emblematic testimonies 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm : Sequence of emblematic testimonials and closing of the day by Pierre Chiappetta , former A*Midex Executive Director, Jean-Paul Caverni , former Vice President of the A*Midex Foundation, Yvon Berland, Honorary President of Aix-Marseille University.
In line with the actions carried out since its creation in 2012, and since its perpetuation in 2016, the A*Midex consortium is financing experimental and innovative actions over the period 2021-2024, and for a total amount of 95 million euros, in support of the strategy of the Aix-Marseille University political team and in relation to the site policy deployed with the partners of the excellence initiative. The planning of these measures is now articulated around 4 priority fields of action
4 major fields of action for 2021-2024:
1. Consolidate EXPERIMENTS 2. Training, attracting and supporting TALENT. 3. Interaction with international and civil society ACTORS 4. 4. The incubation of projects to respond to major and priority scientific and societal CHALLENGES Since 2020, the A*Midex consortium has also been leading and coordinating responses to priority calls for projects, selected and funded by national operators, particularly in the context of the France 2030 Recovery Plan. This funding from selective calls thus contributes to the structuring of the site and completes the set of targeted actions financed directly from the A*Midex Initiative of Excellence. As it approaches its 10th anniversary, the A*Midex Initiative of Excellence has been fully consolidated in its mission to support the transformation and structuring of the Aix-Marseille site.
A*Midex in figures - 2012 AMU obtained the IdEx supported by the A*Midex foundation. - 2016 perpetuation of the IdEx carried by the A*Midex foundation
- Endowment of nearly 26 M¤ by the A*Midex consortium
- Animation of 70 projects obtained since 2016 for structuring projects
- 458 M¤ from France 2030 for structuring projects
- 400+ research and training projects funded since 2013
- 114 projects in progress as of January 1, 2022
- 286 K¤ average funding per project
- Funding of 18 interdisciplinary institutional institutes
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
10:00am-4:00pm Aix-Marseille University - Jardin du Pharo - 58 boulevard Charles Livon - 13007 Marseille - Amphithéâtre Gastaut
Open to all, registration required before May 30: www.amu-10ans-idex.fr