Galvez Street will be closed from north of Nelson Road to Arboretum Road on Saturday, Nov. 17, and Tuesday, Nov. 20, for road re-paving as the project to install a new roundabout at the intersection of Galvez and Arboretum nears completion. The closure will take place between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. on both days. Motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians will have access to the intersection during the re-paving. Motorists entering campus along Galvez will be able to turn right onto Arboretum, but they will not be allowed to travel along Galvez beyond the roundabout. Bicyclists and pedestrians will be able to traverse the intersection and continue along Galvez.
Parking & Transportation Services has posted more information about the impact to commuters on Nov. 20, including a map, adjustments to Margeurite shuttle routes and tips for safely navigating campus roundabouts. Everyone is advised to take the following steps to stay safe while traveling around campus:
- Look up from your cell phone near construction sites.
- Pay attention to your surroundings as you walk, run, bike or drive.
- Expect detours and follow the directions of the flaggers.
- If you’re riding a bike, follow the rules of the road - stop at signs.
- Allow a little more time than usual to travel on campus.