New system for reporting issues in UCL’s buildings to be launched

UCL’s Portico building under a blue sky, seen from a shadier part of the Q
UCL’s Portico building under a blue sky, seen from a shadier part of the Quad
Following a successful pilot, the MyCampus system will be rolled out across UCL from 12 February. Staff and students will be able to report maintenance issues and track progress.

What do I need to know?  

MyCampus is an integrated workplace management system (IWMS), of the type used by many large organisations, which provides a single source of truth for all Estates data to inform decision-making on the operational requirements of UCL’s estate. 

The first module we are working on is a replacement for the current system of reporting estates issues and requests to the Helpdesk team, as we know from community feedback that is an area which can create frustration. The first phase of testing the new system took place last Autumn in six buildings, and we’re now getting ready to roll the system out across UCL. 

From 12 February, staff and students will be able to report any estates issues or requests in UCL buildings (with the exception of buildings on the UCL East campus, and Halls of Residence - see FAQs below) via MyCampus. 

Frequently asked questions 

I have outstanding service request tickets on the previous system - what will happen to these? 

If you have any outstanding tickets on the previous system after 12 February 2024, these will be managed using the old process. After 12 February all new tickets must be raised on MyCampus. 

How do I access MyCampus? 

Any member of staff or student with a UCL e-mail account can access MyCampus via single sign-on on the MyCampus webpages. 

I’m a student - where can I report issues? 

All students will be able to log a request using MyCampus for any academic UCL building, with the exception of UCL East (but including Here East). 

Students wanting to report an issue in accommodation buildings should report them to a member of the student accommodation staff team, who will make the request on their behalf. Students can ask to be named as an alternative contact if they wish to receive live updates about their request. 

Can I log a request on MyCampus for any UCL building? 

You will be able to log maintenance requests on MyCampus for all UCL buildings with the exception of the UCL East campus (Marshgate and Pool Street). Please follow the existing process at UCL East. 

What about Here East? 

You will be able to report issues at Here East using MyCampus. The UCL East campus buildings (Marshgate and Pool Street) will be the only buildings with a different reporting process. 

How do I see the status of my job request on MyCampus? 

To track the progress of a service request or work order, please access the ’My Requests and Orders’ gadget through the MyCampus homepage. 

What is the process for requesting elevated access? 

Elevated access can only be approved by a Director of Operations (DoO). To request this please email the MyCampus technical support team at who will send the request to your relevant DoO for approval. 

How do log an emergency? 

For urgent requests (floods, person stuck in lift, smell of gas, etc): Call 020 7679 0000 or UCL ext 30000. To report accidents or emergency situations please follow the instructions here.

Any other questions? 

If you have any questions or would like further information please.   
  • University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT (0) 20 7679 2000