The University extends warm congratulations to all members who have been recognised for their significant contributions to Australian society, across a broad range of fields.
Special congratulations to our University staff who became Officers and Members of the Order of Australia.
The full list of staff and alumni awarded honours will continue to be updated.
Officer (AO) of the Order of Australia
- Professor Emeritus Adrian Bauman (MBBS ’79) FAHMS FACSM FAFHM, Emeritus Professor of Public Health, Sydney School of Public Health
For distinguished service to public health, to the prevention of chronic disease, and to tertiary education.
- Dr Evans Lagudah Adjunct Professor, School of Life and Environmental Sciences
For distinguished service to agriculture and food science as a researcher in the area of wheat genetics.
- Clinical Professor Carol Anne Pollock Professor Medicine, Northern Clinical School, Kolling Institute of Medical Research
For distinguished service to medical research, education and science, to nephrology, and to clinical practice and governance.
- Professor Richard Anthony Scolyer (MD ’06) BMedSci, MBBS, MD, FRCPA, FRCPath, FAHMS, Conjoint Professor, FMH Translational Research Collective
Co-Medical Director, Melanoma Institute Australia
For distinguished service to medicine, particularly in the field of melanoma and skin cancer, and to national and international professional organisations.
- Professor Anne Twomey Professor of Constitutional Law
For distinguished service to the law, to legal education, and to public education on constitutional matters.
Member (AM) of the Order of Australia
- Professor John Connell University of Sydney’s School of Geosciences
For significant service to tertiary education, particularly to the geosciences.
- Dr Bidda Jones Honorary Associate, Sydney School of Veterinary Science
For significant service to animal welfare science and advocacy.
- Associate Professor Richard Maxwell Zuber Academic Director of the Clinical Skills Hubs
For significant service to veterinary science, to professional colleges, and to education.
- Associate Professor Gary Fred Sholler FRACP, FCSANZ, FACC, Clinical Associate Professor Paediatrics & Child Health, Children’s Hospital, Westmead
For significant service to paediatric medicine, and to tertiary medical education.
- Dr Judith Nancy Yates Honorary Associate Professor, School of Economics
For significant service to housing and economic research, and to education.
If you have received an Honour, or know of anyone from the University who has, please send their name and any information to email@example.com.
Alumni Award winners and graduate medallists of 2021 share their University of Sydney experiences and what leadership means to them.
Chancellor Belinda Hutchinson and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor Stephen Garton are among the University community members who have been recognised in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Our famous alumni include names such as Gough Whitlam and pioneer heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang, but also people who improve lives and contribute to change out of the spotlight.