English-language panel discussion series ÜBerlin Talks" at Freie Universität Berlin, broadcast live on June 17, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. (Central European time)
No 111/2021 from Jun 14, 2021
On Thursday, June 17, Freie Universität Berlin’s international short-term study programs FU-BEST (European Studies) and FUBiS (International Summer and Winter University) will present an online panel discussion entitled "Young Globalization - The Role and Impact of Young Leaders in a Post-National World." The panel for this event features six representatives of the younger generation whose work, activism, and thinking touch on topics such as global governance, multilateralism, and the multifaceted role of the younger generation in international affairs.
It’s often said that "the world is a village." As this "village" moves into the future, what roles can and do younger generations play - through their professional careers, as activists, as community leaders, and as creative thinkers? The event will be live-streamed in English via Webex, and viewers are invited to participate virtually via the chat function. The event will be held in English.
- Dr. Dirk Verheyen (moderator): Academic Director, FU-BEST
- Radha Kulkarni : Works at the intersection of finance, strategy, and policy with experience across the private sector, non-profits, and government and multilateral organizations; active in Young UN - Agents for Change.
- Sophie Daud : Chief Executive Officer of the Future Leaders Network; 2021 Chair of the Y7, the official youth engagement group for the G7 Leaders’ Summit.
- Nasrat Khalid : Founder of Awal, an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries; active in the initiative Young Global Changers.
- Aniqah Zowmi : Community engagement and gender equality specialist at the Ontario Council for International Cooperation; chair of Girls Action Foundation; director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Leading Change Canada; Regional Focal Point for the United Nations Major Group of Children and Youth.
- Enyseh Teimory: Senior Communications and Campaigns Officer at the United Nations Association - UK; Together First campaign .
- Nils Feller: Member of the Young Global Changers Working Group on Global Governance; active in the Youth Alliance for Multilateralism.
Panel Discussion Broadcast
- Thursday, June 17, 2021, 7:00-8:30 p.m. CET
Live stream via Webex Events: fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin-en/onstage/g.php’MTID=e59aaead55cbc0a2edce7eb723a1a6a2c (password: berlintalks); available later on the website www.fu-berlin.de/berlintalks as well as on the YouTube channels of FU-BEST and FUBiS , the organizers of the event.
- The event will be held in English and will be broadcast live from the Academic Senate Hall of Freie Universität Berlin.Online viewers are invited to participate via the chat function with questions and comments.