- Arts - Feb 21 Illinois composer writes sesquicentennial music recognizing Carl Woese’s discovery of third domain of life
- Arts - Feb 21 400 million year old gigantic extinct monster worm discovered in Canadian museum
- Media - Feb 20 Feminist Voices Heard at the Miller Gallery
- History - Feb 15 Faculty critique documentary ’I Am Not Your Negro’
- Social Sciences - Feb 14 CAP UCLA performance to support UCLA American Indian Studies Center
- History - Feb 14 What makes a heartthrob? It’s not what men think
- Arts - Feb 13 U. of I. composer chosen for Kronos Quartet project
- Arts - Feb 10 UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music presents West Coast premiere of ‘Synaesthesia Playground’
- Arts - Feb 8 Self- described TV junkie calls the shots at ABC
- Arts - Feb 7 New project will explore the nature of sound inside Bristol Cathedral
- Environment - Feb 7 Renewable fuels alone can’t stop climate change
- Careers - Feb 6 ETC Explores Augmenting Reality
- History - Jan 28 The Truth about George III
- Medicine - Jan 27 Illinois technician combines engineering and creativity in a DIY synthesizer
- Arts - Jan 20 New project aims to improve diversity in arts and humanities research
- Arts - Jan 12 MIT in London
ANU and Chamber come together on music
The Australian National University and the ACT and Region Chamber of Commerce and Industry are working together to ensure a strengthened future for the ANU School of Music and the ACT music community.
Early discussions are underway to build a new consortium that would address the funding and resource issues faced by ANU, and build a more resilient music culture in the ACT.
The early aims of the new consortium would be to increase funding for the benefit of music in the ACT and region, including the wide range of music groups in the ACT and the ANU School of Music.
This includes raising funds to boost the number of one-on-one lessons ANU students could access through the Personal Development Allowance in the proposed new School of Music curriculum.
Chris Peters, Chief Executive of the Chamber said: “I see ANU and the Chamber working closely together to reach these aims, and build a sustainable future for music in the ACT. The School of Music issue has galvanized the community in its support of music, but has also highlighted the very significant funding problems faced by all universities teaching music."
ANU Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Young said: "I am very pleased to be working with Chris Peters. It has always been the intention of ANU to maintain a strong performance element as part of the new School of Music curriculum. I am keen to explore ways of increasing the amount of one-on-one tuition for students through new funding arrangements. The School of Music is very closely involved with the cultural life of the ACT and I think there is real potential to have this joint effort build the resilience of music in the School, the ACT and region.”
Last job offers
- Arts and Design - 25.1
Faculty Position in Musical Theatre
- Arts and Design - 11.9
Professur für Transkulturelle Musikwissenschaft und Historische Anthropologie der Musik zum nächstmöglichen...
- Arts and Design - 21.2
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Hearing Aids for Music
- Arts and Design - 9.2
Senior Research Associate, Participatory Arts and DIY Culture Project
- Arts and Design - 10.2
- Arts and Design - 3.2
Rank of Associate Professor or Professor