- Literature - Oct 21 Communication professor Leah Ceccarelli honored, discusses ’rhetoric of science’
- History - Oct 19 Digital Archive Shares In-Depth Stories of Black America
- Literature - Oct 17 Movie posters reflect changing views of witchcraft
- Literature - Oct 7 Research takes centre stage
- Arts - Oct 6 Music and history of punk to be celebrated Nov. 1-5
- Literature - Oct 6 Scholarly Commons hits 1M downloads of hospitality research
- Arts - Oct 5 Sculpture of Thoreau’s cabin looks at artifice of objects
- Literature - Sep 30 UK should ditch the rhetoric and focus on the feasible, say trade experts
- Literature - Sep 30 School of Drama Raises the Curtain with "The Playboy of the Western World”
- Literature - Sep 28 Drawing new conclusions from comics and cartoons
- Literature - Sep 27 Stanford faculty enjoy ’silent camaraderie’ of Faculty Writers? Retreats
- Literature - Sep 26 Opinion: Brexit and the importance of languages for Britain
- Literature - Sep 26 Brexit and the importance of languages for Britain
- Literature - Sep 23 New Drama Season Proves Laughter Is Best Medicine
- Literature - Sep 22 Two Berkeley alums win MacArthur ’genius’ grants
- Literature - Sep 22 Former Congressman David Camp donates papers to U-M Bentley Historical Library
Bodleian Libraries book move completed
The Bodleian Libraries’ Swindon Book Storage Facility has taken delivery of its seven millionth book – just over a year after opening its doors.
The milestone coincides with the completion of the Bodleian’s major programme of book moves to consolidate lesser used stock in the new facility. The £26m facility covers 13 acres and contains 153 miles of shelving.
Bodley’s Librarian Sarah Thomas said: 'This has been an important year in the history of the Bodleian, and it has been an extraordinary success. We have tagged and moved all our books, relocated our staff, prepared the New Bodleian building for its redevelopment, opened new facilities for readers in the heart of Oxford and refreshed and developed our IT capabilities.
'Any one of these tasks would be a major undertaking for most libraries, but thanks to a superb team of dedicated staff we have accomplished them all simultaneously without any major interruption to our day-to-day services to readers either in the University or further afield. With our new storage facility at Swindon and renewed spaces for study in place or under development in the heart of Oxford, our readers can look forward to significant enhancements to our services in 2012 and beyond.'
The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford form the largest university library system in the United Kingdom. The combined library collections number more than 11 million printed items, in addition to 30,000 e-journals and other materials in different formats.
Last job offers
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.7
Assistant Professor in Literature and narrative medicine
- Literature/Linguistics - 14.9
University Assistant (post doc)
- Literature/Linguistics - 12.10
Professur (W2) für Klinische Psychologie und Psychotherapie
- Literature/Linguistics - 27.9
Professorship in Applied Theatre Studies with the focus on Artistic Practice
- Literature/Linguistics - 19.10
Senior Research Associate
- Literature/Linguistics - 18.10
Senior Research Associate in Corpus-based Sociolinguistics
- Literature/Linguistics - 13.9
Assistant Professor of Theatre, Tenure Track, Fall 2017
- Literature/Linguistics - 12.9
Department of Comparative Literature, Assistant Professor