- Arts - Dec 2 Fall arts and design showcase: bringing talent into focus
- Astronomy - Nov 22 ‘Chasing the Waves’: sharing the discovery of the century through theatre
- History - Nov 22 QMUL academic unearths Britain’s first audiobook
- Literature - Nov 18 Research examines impact of foreign language on risk perception, moral judgment
- Literature - Nov 17 Ramayana Translation Project turns its last page, after four decades of research
- Literature - Nov 17 Re-entry embodies Berkeley vets’ words as ’verbatim theater’
- History - Nov 16 Tibet’s exiled Muslims show intricacies of culture, identity for refugees
- Life Sciences - Nov 15 Talk with Your Hands: a Cambridge Shorts film
- Literature - Nov 12 CMU’s School of Drama Presents "The Rover”
- Arts - Nov 8 ’Anarchy in the Archives’ puts punk collections on display
- Literature - Nov 4 ESA and the Vatican join forces to save data in the digital age
- Literature - Nov 3 Ectoplasm, spirit trumpets and paintings from Pompeii: 600 years of Curious Objects
- Literature - Nov 3 Krannert Art Museum show will bring together medieval manuscripts owned by the U. of I
- Literature - Nov 1 UCLA TFT announces Mainstage theater season for 2016-17
- Literature - Oct 31 Mysterious Voynich Manuscript reborn in facsimile edition
- Literature - Oct 28 Tracing American history through comic heroes
Bodleian Libraries book move completed
The Bodleian Libraries’ Swindon Book Storage Facility has taken delivery of its seven millionth book – just over a year after opening its doors.
The milestone coincides with the completion of the Bodleian’s major programme of book moves to consolidate lesser used stock in the new facility. The £26m facility covers 13 acres and contains 153 miles of shelving.
Bodley’s Librarian Sarah Thomas said: 'This has been an important year in the history of the Bodleian, and it has been an extraordinary success. We have tagged and moved all our books, relocated our staff, prepared the New Bodleian building for its redevelopment, opened new facilities for readers in the heart of Oxford and refreshed and developed our IT capabilities.
'Any one of these tasks would be a major undertaking for most libraries, but thanks to a superb team of dedicated staff we have accomplished them all simultaneously without any major interruption to our day-to-day services to readers either in the University or further afield. With our new storage facility at Swindon and renewed spaces for study in place or under development in the heart of Oxford, our readers can look forward to significant enhancements to our services in 2012 and beyond.'
The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford form the largest university library system in the United Kingdom. The combined library collections number more than 11 million printed items, in addition to 30,000 e-journals and other materials in different formats.
Last job offers
- Literature/Linguistics - 30.11
Professor of English linguistics
- Literature/Linguistics - 31.10
Assistant Professor in Hispanic Contemporary Literature and Culture (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
- Literature/Linguistics - 30.11
- Literature/Linguistics - 24.11
Universitätsprofessur für Manuskriptforschung in einem kleinen Fach an der Fakultät für Geisteswissenschaften...
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.12
Research Associate (50%FTE)
- Literature/Linguistics - 28.11
DCAL Sign Language Linguistics Research Associate
- Literature/Linguistics - 13.9
Assistant Professor of Theatre, Tenure Track, Fall 2017
- Literature/Linguistics - 12.9
Department of Comparative Literature, Assistant Professor