- Literature - Jul 27 Stanford literary scholars reflect on Jane Austen’s legacy
- Business - Jul 26 Head of the School of Welsh steps down
- Literature - Jul 21 The Rhetoric(s) of Literary Studies
- Literature - Jul 20 Many cities, many voices
- Literature - Jul 19 University of Chicago Library receives gift of vintage Vivian Maier prints
- Arts - Jul 19 Lesbian singer’s archive captures pre- internet gay life
- History - Jul 14 Through the lens of the Wild Australia Show
- History - Jul 12 The Water Poet on Wales in the wake of England’s Civil War
- Literature - Jul 12 Stanford Libraries’ rare score of Giuseppe Verdi’s opera ’Aida’ provides clues to the past
- History - Jul 12 Syria between Destruction and Preservation
- History - Jul 11 Historian publishes first biography of the ‘most- wanted’ revolutionary in Tsarist Russia
- Literature - Jul 5 Peregrine fledgling takes its first plunge off Campanile
- History - Jun 29 New digital archive showcases historical images of Rome
- Literature - Jun 23 One young Republican’s pursuit of the ’Freedom to Marry’
- History - Jun 21 Intimate details of life as a Civil War soldier depicted in rare sketches
- Literature - Jun 15 Theatre and performance podcast from QMULâ? s Department of Drama
Bodleian Libraries book move completed
The Bodleian Libraries’ Swindon Book Storage Facility has taken delivery of its seven millionth book – just over a year after opening its doors.
The milestone coincides with the completion of the Bodleian’s major programme of book moves to consolidate lesser used stock in the new facility. The £26m facility covers 13 acres and contains 153 miles of shelving.
Bodley’s Librarian Sarah Thomas said: 'This has been an important year in the history of the Bodleian, and it has been an extraordinary success. We have tagged and moved all our books, relocated our staff, prepared the New Bodleian building for its redevelopment, opened new facilities for readers in the heart of Oxford and refreshed and developed our IT capabilities.
'Any one of these tasks would be a major undertaking for most libraries, but thanks to a superb team of dedicated staff we have accomplished them all simultaneously without any major interruption to our day-to-day services to readers either in the University or further afield. With our new storage facility at Swindon and renewed spaces for study in place or under development in the heart of Oxford, our readers can look forward to significant enhancements to our services in 2012 and beyond.'
The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford form the largest university library system in the United Kingdom. The combined library collections number more than 11 million printed items, in addition to 30,000 e-journals and other materials in different formats.
Last job offers
- Literature/Linguistics - 15.6
Associate Professor in Library Science and Knowledge Communication
- Literature/Linguistics - 14.6
Research fellow in Language and Culture
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.7
- Literature/Linguistics - 11.7
Professur für Romanische Sprachwissenschaft mit Schwerpunkt Französisch und Italienisch (Tenure-Track)...
- Literature/Linguistics - 21.7
Reader Services Assistant (Fixed Term)
- Literature/Linguistics - 18.7
Reader (Creative Writing (Fiction or Creative Non-Fiction))
- Literature/Linguistics - 20.7
NTT Assistant Professor of Theatre-Lighting Design
- Literature/Linguistics - 30.6
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (Organizational Behavior)