- Literature - Aug 10 How Italian language and culture has influenced the world
- Literature - Aug 3 Donald Trump’s chaotic use of metaphor is a crucial part of his appeal
- Computer Science - Jul 29 First major database of non- native English
- Administration - Jul 27 Eisteddfod showcase for Welsh language project
- Literature - Jul 26 Was it all Greek to the Elizabethans?
- Literature - Jul 26 Your child, the literary talent
- Literature - Jul 21 New Fellow will help champion AHRC priority area
- Event - Jul 21 Benefits of ’faster reading’ contributes to Summer Reading Challenge
- Literature - Jul 18 Alumni Hope They’re Binge- Worthy in Amazon Pilots
- History - Jul 13 Rare medieval scroll depicting world history - showcase of exclusive exhibition from Kerry Stokes collection at the University of Melbourne
- Literature - Jul 4 Using theatre to change perceptions about ADHD
- Literature - Jun 30 Ruskin Library brings masterpieces online with the Google Cultural Institute
- Literature - Jun 29 HathiTrust at U-M, NFB to make 14M+ books accessible to blind and print- disabled users
- Media - Jun 24 Jack W. Fuller, journalism leader and University Trustee, 1946- 2016
- Medicine - Jun 20 Medical library marks 75 years of supporting research and patient care
- Literature - Jun 18 From Shakespeare to Austen: King’s College celebrates the Thackeray Collection of rare books
Bodleian Libraries book move completed
The Bodleian Libraries’ Swindon Book Storage Facility has taken delivery of its seven millionth book – just over a year after opening its doors.
The milestone coincides with the completion of the Bodleian’s major programme of book moves to consolidate lesser used stock in the new facility. The £26m facility covers 13 acres and contains 153 miles of shelving.
Bodley’s Librarian Sarah Thomas said: 'This has been an important year in the history of the Bodleian, and it has been an extraordinary success. We have tagged and moved all our books, relocated our staff, prepared the New Bodleian building for its redevelopment, opened new facilities for readers in the heart of Oxford and refreshed and developed our IT capabilities.
'Any one of these tasks would be a major undertaking for most libraries, but thanks to a superb team of dedicated staff we have accomplished them all simultaneously without any major interruption to our day-to-day services to readers either in the University or further afield. With our new storage facility at Swindon and renewed spaces for study in place or under development in the heart of Oxford, our readers can look forward to significant enhancements to our services in 2012 and beyond.'
The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford form the largest university library system in the United Kingdom. The combined library collections number more than 11 million printed items, in addition to 30,000 e-journals and other materials in different formats.
Last job offers
- Literature/Linguistics - 3.6
Professeur-e en études littéraires et émotions
- Literature/Linguistics - 29.8
Associate professor (subsidiary assistant professor) in Library Science and Knowledge Communication
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.7
Assistant Professor in Literature and narrative medicine
- Literature/Linguistics - 29.8
Universitätsprofessur für Deutsche Philologie (Neuere deutsche Literatur mit einem Schwerpunkt in der...
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.8
Professorship in German as a Foreign Language
- Literature/Linguistics - 25.8
Senior Research Associate: Development of Theory of Mind, modals, and mental-state verbs
- Literature/Linguistics - 18.8
Deputy Team Leader, Reader Services Desk
- Literature/Linguistics - 27.8
Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics
- Literature/Linguistics - 24.6
Pro Tem Instructors and Pro Tem Researchers