- Environment - Aug 24 A mutual breakdown
- Environment - Aug 24 Human impact on the world slows despite population growth
- Mathematics - Aug 23 The demise of the Maya civilisation: water shortage can destroy cultures
- Environment - Aug 23 Biological invasions threaten biodiversity, economy in developing countries
- Life Sciences - Aug 23 Reef castaways: Can coral make it across Darwin’s ’impassable’ barrier?
- Physics - Aug 22 Sponge creates steam using ambient sunlight
- Physics - Aug 22 Pro- nuclear countries making slower progress on climate targets
- Environment - Aug 19 Scientists set solar thermal record »
- Environment - Aug 18 World’s megafires to be tackled though new project
- Life Sciences - Aug 17 Special power in wheat
- Agronomy - Aug 17 New minor focuses on food systems? equity, sustainability
- Environment - Aug 17 Greater biodiversity in grasslands leads to higher levels of ecosystem services
- Environment - Aug 16 Big fish - and their pee - are key parts of coral reef ecosystems
- Careers - Aug 16 Co-working spaces: Where everyone knows your name
- Earth Sciences - Aug 15 UC San Diego Hosts Free Tours of America’s Newest Scientific Research Ship R/V Sally Ride
- Environment - Aug 15 Smoke waves? will affect millions in coming decades
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 23.8
Three Assistant Professors: Sustainable Business and Innovation Studies (3.0 FTE)
- Environment - 17.8
Professor of Conservation Science
- Environment - 13.8
Juniorprofessur (W1) "Quantitative Methoden der Naturwissenschaften"
- Environment - 20.7
S-Professur für, Nachhaltiges Ressourcenmanagement und Globaler Wandel"
- Environment - 30.7
Assistant Professor in Food Process Engineering
- Environment - 29.7
Professor of Architectural Urban Environments
- Environment - 9.7
Assistant Professor in Textile & Apparel Science
- Environment - 27.5
Assistant Professor in Wildland Fire