- Life Sciences - Oct 20 Wild science: The nature of the Mpala Research Centre
- Environment - Oct 20 By nixing coal, Iceland grabs green with geothermal heat
- Environment - Oct 20 Move over, solar: The next big renewable energy source could be at our feet
- Environment - Oct 20 Dick Smith backs plan for private leasing of wildlife
- Environment - Oct 19 How to achieve green? desalination
- Environment - Oct 19 MIT to neutralize 17 percent of carbon emissions through purchase of solar energy
- Computer Science - Oct 19 Collaboration has never been as close as it is today?
- Environment - Oct 19 3 Questions: Maria Zuber on stepping up MIT’s response to climate change
- Environment - Oct 18 Examination of HFC emissions in the UK leads to Government rethink on how levels are recorded
- Environment - Oct 18 Charting a course to a sustainable blue economy? in Melanesia
- Environment - Oct 18 Researchers release virtual reality simulation that transports users to ocean of the future
- Environment - Oct 17 How to reach ecologically sustainable welfare societies
- Life Sciences - Oct 17 ENSO threatens food supply in southern Africa
- Business - Oct 17 Truck emissions: Survey gauges trucking industry attitudes
- Environment - Oct 15 $27M investment to globalize driverless vehicle research
- Environment - Oct 14 Small- scale agriculture threatens the rainforest
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 21.10
Leiter/in der Forschungsgruppe Vegetationsökologie (80 - 100 %)
- Environment - 17.10
- Environment - 14.10
Associate Professor in biogeochemistry with a focus on soil’ plant and atmosphere interactions...
- Environment - 11.10
Professur für Bodenökologie
- Environment - 28.9
Professorship for Agricultural’ Environmental and Food Policy
- Environment - 20.10
Fluvial Geomorphology Knowledge Exchange Research Associate
- Environment - 5.10
Senior Research Associate / Research Associate: Computational Environment Science (Models in the Cloud)...
- Environment - 14.9
Post-Doctoral Research Scientist