- Astronomy - Apr 28 Evolution on Earth took place in 5 Stages
- History - Apr 28 Imperial Festival 2017: Behind the scenes of the combustion lab
- Environment - Apr 28 When bridges collapse: Are we underestimating the risk?
- Environment - Apr 27 New partnership connects retirees to conservation
- Environment - Apr 27 Publication of Annual and Sustainability Reports
- Earth Sciences - Apr 26 Engineers shine light on deadly landslide
- Environment - Apr 26 AAU Report Highlights Efforts to Combat Sexual Misconduct at CMU, Other Universities
- Environment - Apr 26 Soundwalks in Urbana parks put participants in touch with sonic environments
- Medicine - Apr 26 Drones that detect early plant disease could save crops
- Environment - Apr 26 El Niño and the end of the global warming hiatus
- Environment - Apr 25 And audio tech brings Manhattan in year 1609 to life
- Environment - Apr 24 Clouds’ response to pollution clarified with new climate analysis
- Environment - Apr 24 New research clarifies how climate change influences severe weather
- Environment - Apr 24 Scientists test links between extreme weather and climate change
- Environment - Apr 24 Nile faces greater variability
- Environment - Apr 21 Greenhouse gas removal in the land sector – addressing the gaps
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities. Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the most talented architects and designers to ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 27.4
Associate professorship in real estate and finance
- Environment - 24.4
Postdoctoral position in an interdisciplinary project
- Environment - 11.4
Postdoctoral or Postgraduate Research Associate (40 hours per week)
- Environment - 23.2
Ausschreibung der Stelle für eine_n Universitätsprofessor_in für ’Klima- und Umweltfernerkundung’...
- Environment - 18.4
Postdoc Position ’Non-target screening and data evaluation’
- Environment - 11.4
Researcher (1, 0 EGr. 13 TV-L), Institute for Environmental Sciences
- Environment - 28.4
Research Fellow in Socio-ecological Resilience
- Environment - 21.4
Senior Research Associate - Grassland Ecologist