- Environment - 12:02 UW’s Kristin Laidre awarded Pew marine fellowship to study effects of climate change, subsistence hunting on polar bears
- Environment - 12:01 Widely accepted vision for agriculture may be inaccurate, misleading
- Business - 08:30 Reduction of energy consumption and CO2 emissions: promotion or steering?
- Environment - Feb 21 Winners, losers among fish when landscape undergoes change
- Environment - Feb 21 Study to focus on pollution potential of oil and gas wastewater spread on roads
- Environment - Feb 21 Watch: Electric shocks make dried herbs taste better
- Environment - Feb 21 Legal marijuana sales creating escalating damage to the environment
- Environment - Feb 21 Selenium deficiency promoted by climate change
- Environment - Feb 20 Those who help each other can invade harsher environments
- Environment - Feb 17 A novel socio- ecological approach helps identifying suitable wolf habitats in human- dominated landscapes
- Environment - Feb 16 Art and space enter a new dimension
- Medicine - Feb 16 Underwater seagrass meadows dial back polluted seawater
- Life Sciences - Feb 16 ’Resurrecting’ tiny lake- dwelling animals to study evolutionary responses to pollution
- Environment - Feb 16 Sociologist joins poverty, sustainability experts at UN
- Environment - Feb 16 Deep reefs unlikely to save shallow coral reefs
- Environment - Feb 15 Q&A with Stanford experts puts Oroville Dam breach in context
Competition to find architects and landscape architects for North West Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is looking for a number of complementary architectural and landscape firms - large and small - for its ambitious new urban extension in North West Cambridge.
Colander has been asked to manage the competitive process to identify architects for the first phase of the project, comprising nine Lots with landscape, a variety of residential units, a food store and other retail spaces, a primary school and nursery and a range of community facilities.á Expressions of interest are requested by 06 February 2012.
Interested practices must be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional design talent
- A commitment to innovative, sustainable design
- A proven ability to deliver both creativity and the highest possible value to their clients
- Satisfied clients for whom they have solved similar challenges
- The skills needed to deliver a project of this nature.
In addition they will be expected to meet minimum criteria for commercial robustness and staffing levels.
Roger Taylor, director of the North West Cambridge Project said: "This development will provide facilities that are required to maintain the world-class reputation that the University enjoys. We are committed to finding and working with the mostátalented architects and designersáto ensure the success of the development."
Last job offers
- Environment - 9.2
Leiter/in der Forschungsgruppe Vegetations÷kologie
- Environment - 7.2
Professor in Renewable Energy Systems
- Environment - 24.1
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Sustainable Food Value Chains
- Environment - 21.2
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Environment - 21.2
Postdoc in Environmental Science for reseach on methane emissions from lakes
- Environment - 15.2
- Environment - 14.2
- Environment - 16.2
Research Fellow - Rice straw to Biogas