- Astronomy - Apr 28 Evolution on Earth took place in 5 Stages
- History - Apr 28 Imperial Festival 2017: Behind the scenes of the combustion lab
- Environment - Apr 28 When bridges collapse: Are we underestimating the risk?
- Environment - Apr 27 New partnership connects retirees to conservation
- Environment - Apr 27 Publication of Annual and Sustainability Reports
- Earth Sciences - Apr 26 Engineers shine light on deadly landslide
- Environment - Apr 26 AAU Report Highlights Efforts to Combat Sexual Misconduct at CMU, Other Universities
- Environment - Apr 26 Soundwalks in Urbana parks put participants in touch with sonic environments
- Medicine - Apr 26 Drones that detect early plant disease could save crops
- Environment - Apr 26 El Niño and the end of the global warming hiatus
- Environment - Apr 25 And audio tech brings Manhattan in year 1609 to life
- Environment - Apr 24 Clouds’ response to pollution clarified with new climate analysis
- Environment - Apr 24 New research clarifies how climate change influences severe weather
- Environment - Apr 24 Scientists test links between extreme weather and climate change
- Environment - Apr 24 Nile faces greater variability
- Environment - Apr 21 Greenhouse gas removal in the land sector – addressing the gaps
Go ahead for solar art installation
The School of Art is set to shine in the sustainability stakes with a new solar panel array.
The 40 kilowatt array will produce about 70,000 kilowatt hours of electricity annually (enough to power about 10 houses), cutting the School’s carbon emissions by more than five per cent.
The project will contribute toward reaching the University’s aim to reduce overall emissions by 35 per cent by 2020.
Set to be completed by the end of the year, the installation is the result of the first large grant awarded by the University’s Carbon Reduction Fund, which provides interest-free loans for green projects around campus.
Established in 2009, the Fund approved grants totalling $600,000 in 2011, including a contribution to the solar array on the ANUSA building.
To apply for a green project grant, visit www.anu.edu.au/anugreen/index.php’pid=689%20
Last job offers
- Environment - 21.3
Leiter/in der Forschungsgruppe Vegetationsökologie
- Environment - 27.4
Associate professorship in real estate and finance
- Environment - 24.4
Postdoctoral position in an interdisciplinary project
- Environment - 11.4
Postdoctoral or Postgraduate Research Associate (40 hours per week)
- Environment - 23.2
Ausschreibung der Stelle für eine_n Universitätsprofessor_in für ’Klima- und Umweltfernerkundung’...
- Environment - 18.4
Postdoc Position ’Non-target screening and data evaluation’
- Environment - 11.4
Researcher (1, 0 EGr. 13 TV-L), Institute for Environmental Sciences
- Environment - 28.4
Research Fellow in Socio-ecological Resilience