- Medicine - Oct 27 Schmallenberg virus may reappear, warn experts
- Computer Science - Oct 24 Quantifying urban revitalization
- Civil Engineering - Oct 13 Scientists call for greater say on global plan for future cities
- Medicine - Oct 12 Cars vs. health: UW’s Moudon, Dannenberg contribute to Lancet series on urban planning, public health
- Civil Engineering - Oct 11 Teller Celebrates the Unexpected Benefits of Failure
- Environment - Oct 5 Our future doesn’t have to be dismal
- Medicine - Sep 28 Creating healthy cities one step at a time
- Civil Engineering - Sep 19 Blueprints for renewal
- Civil Engineering - Sep 16 Drive-by monitoring for urban streetlights
- Computer Science - Sep 13 Engineers Teach Machines to Recognize Tree Species
- Civil Engineering - Aug 29 Chicago becomes first city to launch Array of Things
- Computer Science - Aug 24 Structural, regulatory and human error were factors in Washington highway bridge collapse
- Civil Engineering - Aug 8 Former Philadelphia mayor joins UChicago Urban Labs in new role
- Civil Engineering - Jun 30 Living on the edge: succeeding in the slums
- Architecture - Jun 24 UCLA architect Greg Lynn reenvisions site of abandoned factory in Detroit
- Civil Engineering - Jun 23 Would you live in a city made of bone?
Men benefit more from local green space
Research from the Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow looked at the availability of green spaces, such as parks, playing fields and woodlands, in urban neighbourhoods across the
Results showed that men living in the greenest neighbourhoods were about 10% less likely to die from lung problems than those in the least green neighbourhoods.
The study, which looked at statistics for 29 million working age adults, is the first to explore the link between green space and health across all urban areas in the UK.
We know from other studies that women tend to use green spaces less than men and are less likely to use them for exercise, particularly if the green space doesn?t feel safe. That might be an explanation. Further work is needed to investigate this.
Last job offers
- Civil Engineering - 17.10
Postdoc in Waterborne urban mobility’ city logistics and regional freight on urban and inland waterways...
- Civil Engineering - 11.10
Full professor Comparative Urban Geography
- Civil Engineering - 16.9
- Civil Engineering - 26.9
Post-doctorat en économétrie du logement
- Civil Engineering - 25.8
Professor of Development Planning
- Civil Engineering - 4.8
Sir Kirby Laing Professorship of Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering - 29.8
College of Engineering: Professor (Open Rank) - Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering...