- Medicine - Oct 11 Be inspired by Bristol’s digital innovators and pioneers
- Physics - Oct 4 Choir Brings Harmony to Internet of Things
- Civil Engineering - Oct 3 Swiss people may be ready to live car- free
- Civil Engineering - Oct 2 Study measures light’s radical impact on bird behaviour
- Civil Engineering - Sep 25 Urban Studies Scholars in Global Premier League
- Civil Engineering - Sep 19 MIT and Tsinghua University sign urban innovation agreement
- Civil Engineering - Sep 19 New Urban Collaboratory tackles emerging city challenges
- Environment - Sep 15 New portal for exploring California’s drought
- Computer Science - Sep 5 Gregory Falco: Protecting urban infrastructure against cyberterrorism
- Environment - Sep 1 Climate change, infrastructure and the economic impacts of Hurricane Harvey
- Civil Engineering - Aug 28 Strength of global stratospheric circulation measured for first time
- Mechanical Engineering - Aug 21 ACar - The electric "all- rounder"
- Civil Engineering - Aug 14 Visualize this: Project shows U.S. magazine evolution
- Civil Engineering - Aug 14 Scholars using data, digital tools to reveal U.S. magazines’ rich histories
- Environment - Aug 4 New tool helps parched regions plan how to replenish aquifers | Stanford News
- Business - Jul 27 Is it just touch- and-go for brick-and- mortar stores?
Men benefit more from local green space
Research from the Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow looked at the availability of green spaces, such as parks, playing fields and woodlands, in urban neighbourhoods across the
Results showed that men living in the greenest neighbourhoods were about 10% less likely to die from lung problems than those in the least green neighbourhoods.
The study, which looked at statistics for 29 million working age adults, is the first to explore the link between green space and health across all urban areas in the UK.
We know from other studies that women tend to use green spaces less than men and are less likely to use them for exercise, particularly if the green space doesn?t feel safe. That might be an explanation. Further work is needed to investigate this.
Last job offers
- Civil Engineering - 28.8
Post-doc: Numerical Models for Damaged RC Structures
- Civil Engineering - 24.8
Professor of Urban Water Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering - 27.9
Drittmittelfinanzierte/n Projektmitarbeiter/in (post doc)
- Civil Engineering - 4.10
Professor of Urban Futures
- Civil Engineering - 13.10
College of Fine and Applied Arts: Professor and Head - Department of Urban and Regional Planning (F1700152)...
- Civil Engineering - 12.9
College of Engineering: Professor (Open Rank) - Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering...