- Arts - Aug 24 Stanford’s Cantor Arts Center reveals re-envisioned galleries
- Arts - Aug 24 New instrument stand to help prevent injuries »
- Arts - Aug 23 Happy music sparks cooperation, teamwork
- Arts - Aug 18 Flamenco: what happens when a grassroots musical genre becomes a marker of culture
- Life Sciences - Aug 15 Don’t scan so close to me
- Arts - Aug 11 UCLA gymnasts are dynamic storytelling in motion
- Arts - Aug 10 Fowler Museum to debut touring exhibition of contemporary fiber art
- Arts - Aug 10 The Political and Religious Role of Musical Traditions
- Arts - Aug 5 Werner Herzog film follows internet from its birth at UCLA
- Arts - Aug 5 Opinion: Musical genres are out of date - but this new system explains why you might like both jazz and hip hop
- Arts - Jul 29 COLOUR: The art and science of illuminated manuscripts
- Arts - Jul 29 If the Rio Olympics had a soundtrack? Samba!
- Arts - Jul 20 Sally Munt appointed Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Arts - Jul 19 Art’s historical love affair with decadent, unusual meals
- Arts - Jul 7 U-M athletes ready for the Rio Olympics
- Literature - Jul 4 Using theatre to change perceptions about ADHD
Production graduates spotlight backstage
The performance spotlight will shine on backstage talent as Production graduates from the Victorian College of the Arts, School of Performing Arts, showcase their work in set design, costume, workshop, sound, lighting and stage management.
The Production Graduate Exhibition, to be launched at the VCA on Monday 21 November, is an opportunity for the public, industry professionals and prospective students to explore the skillful work that goes on behind the scenes in creative and backstage roles.
The exhibition will feature initial design concepts and renderings through to final creations with colorful costumes, interactive soundscapes, multimedia presentations and light displays.
"This exhibition demonstrates the success of the Production course which equips students with systematic and imaginative skills matched with their individual vision and artistic leadership. These are the first steps toward each students’ dynamic and stimulating career," said Ms Kym Williams, Production Undergraduate Coordinator.
Melbourne Theatre Company Artistic Director Simon Phillips, said graduates of the VCA Production course have provided MTC and fellow companies with a variety of highly skilled and committed theatre practitioners.
"They keep the life blood flowing through the arts community. The creative and backstage talent which is nurtured to fruition through the course ensures that the skills base in our performing arts companies is constantly replenished."
Fiona Kiernan-Molloy, a graduating Production student, who was on a secondment at the MTC earlier this year working with the scenic art department, painted the set for Clybourne Park and also worked on the set for The Importance of Being Earnest. Now Fiona is set painting for two of the VCA’s 2011 productions, City of Angels and the Sex Life of Snails, a highlight of this Graduating Production exhibition.
VCA Production graduates are working across Australia’s leading performing arts companies including the Melbourne Theatre Company, Malthouse Theatre, The Australian Ballet, Australian Opera, Creature Workshop and throughout the Melbourne Festival.
Media photo opportunity: Production students with exhibition highlight pieces
10.30am, Friday 18 November.
What: VCA School of Performing Arts’ Production Graduate Exhibition?
When: Tue 22 - Wed 23 November, 10am - 4pm?
Where: Studio 45, 45 Sturt St, Victorian College of the Arts, Southbank Free admission
Last job offers
- Arts and Design - 5.8
Dozent / Dozentin Gitarre Profil Jazz
- Literature/Linguistics - 3.6
Professeur-e en études littéraires et émotions
- Philosophy - 22.8
The Elizabeth and James Tatoulis Chair in Classics
- Literature/Linguistics - 1.7
Assistant Professor in Literature and narrative medicine
- Arts and Design - 11.5
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Klavier (BV gem. § 98 UG )
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.8
Professorship in German as a Foreign Language
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.8
Professur für Deutsch als Fremdsprache
- Earth Sciences - 26.8
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
- Literature/Linguistics - 25.8
Senior Research Associate: Development of Theory of Mind, modals, and mental-state verbs
- Literature/Linguistics - 27.8
Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics
- Life Sciences - 19.8
Visiting Senior Research Specialist - Biotechnology Center, DNA (A1600401)