- Literature - Jul 20 Many cities, many voices
- Literature - Jul 19 University of Chicago Library receives gift of vintage Vivian Maier prints
- Arts - Jul 19 Lesbian singer’s archive captures pre- internet gay life
- History - Jul 14 Through the lens of the Wild Australia Show
- History - Jul 12 The Water Poet on Wales in the wake of England’s Civil War
- Literature - Jul 12 Stanford Libraries’ rare score of Giuseppe Verdi’s opera ’Aida’ provides clues to the past
- History - Jul 12 Syria between Destruction and Preservation
- History - Jul 11 Historian publishes first biography of the ‘most- wanted’ revolutionary in Tsarist Russia
- Literature - Jul 5 Peregrine fledgling takes its first plunge off Campanile
- History - Jun 29 New digital archive showcases historical images of Rome
- Literature - Jun 23 One young Republican’s pursuit of the ’Freedom to Marry’
- History - Jun 21 Intimate details of life as a Civil War soldier depicted in rare sketches
- Pedagogy - Jun 21 Examining mixed- race identity in literature
- Literature - Jun 15 Theatre and performance podcast from QMULâ? s Department of Drama
- Arts - Jun 15 Pianist found his path at Berkeley, returns to lead Ojai music fest
- Literature - Jun 14 Earliest- known childrenâ? s adaptation of Japanese literary classic discovered in British Library
Research Unplugged to conclude April 19 with Warhol talk
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Sarah Rich, associate professor of art history at Penn State, will be the final speaker in this spring’s Research Unplugged series of six "town and gown" conversations with Penn State researchers.
Rich’s talk, titled "Pennsylvania Pop: Reflections on Andy Warhol’s Art and Roots" will be held this Thursday, April 19, and will include a public discussion on the topic.
Research Unplugged presentations are held from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. on Thursdays in the Schlow Centre Region Library’s Downsbrough Community Room, in downtown State College.
The events are free and open to all, with complimentary free refreshments, and are sponsored by Penn State University Relations and the Office of the Vice President for Research, in cooperation with Schlow Centre Region Library.
The Research Unplugged schedule for Fall 2012 will be posted this summer at www.rps.psu.edu/unplugged/
Updates will also be sent out via Penn State’s free weekly Research & Discovery newswire! Subscribe here: www.rps.psu.edu/subscribe/sample.html
Last job offers
- Literature/Linguistics - 15.6
Associate Professor in Library Science and Knowledge Communication
- Literature/Linguistics - 14.6
Research fellow in Language and Culture
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.7
- Literature/Linguistics - 11.7
Professur für Romanische Sprachwissenschaft mit Schwerpunkt Französisch und Italienisch (Tenure-Track)...
- Literature/Linguistics - 18.7
Reader (Creative Writing (Fiction or Creative Non-Fiction))
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.7
Merton Professor of English Language and Literature
- Literature/Linguistics - 30.6
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (Organizational Behavior)
- Literature/Linguistics - 13.6
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Department of Linguistics -Teaching Assistant Professor-English...