- Arts - Jul 29 COLOUR: The art and science of illuminated manuscripts
- Arts - Jul 29 If the Rio Olympics had a soundtrack? Samba!
- Arts - Jul 20 Sally Munt appointed Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Arts - Jul 19 Art’s historical love affair with decadent, unusual meals
- Arts - Jul 8 UCLA psychiatrist composes opera to tell hope- filled story about schizophrenia
- Arts - Jul 7 U-M athletes ready for the Rio Olympics
- Literature - Jul 4 Using theatre to change perceptions about ADHD
- Arts - Jul 4 The Montreux Jazz Heritage Lab2 to relive the Montreux Jazz Festival
- Arts - Jul 1 CMU Sings "The Star- Spangled Banner"
- Arts - Jun 30 National Anthem expert debunks famous myths about ’The Star- Spangled Banner’
- Arts - Jun 29 Neuroscientists probe link between doof doof, dopamine and cravings
- Arts - Jun 23 Top tips for festival goers from Nottingham hearing experts
- Physics - Jun 21 Vibrating qualities of spiders’ silk exploited in prototype violin
- Arts - Jun 20 An inconvenient vision
- Arts - Jun 17 L.A.- area artists shine in Hammer’s major summer show
- Media - Jun 16 The current and future premises of the Malmö Art Academy
The Rotunda Performance Venue Listed on Philadelphia Register of Historic Places
The Rotunda has been added to the Philadelphia Register of Historic Places by the Philadelphia Historical Commission.
Built in 1911 for the First Church of Christ Scientist, it was designed by New York-based Carrere and Hastings as classical in style, featuring a low, tile-roofed narthex, a circular main hall, also known as the sanctuary, and oversized windows.
The building, at 4014 Walnut St., is now owned by the University of Pennsylvania as part of its Facilities and Real Estate Services arts portfolio and offers cultural programming for the community. More than 300 events are held each year, including live music, film, spoken word, theater, art, dance, education, youth programs, arts incubation and experimental genres.
Penn purchased the building in 1996 and, when considering its re-use, opted for an arts venue. The Foundation Community Arts Initiative was created to facilitate that decision, and the first event, a public jazz concert, was held in 1999. Over the years, programming of the space has increased significantly, so much so that The Rotunda was recently nominated for Best Indie Music Venue in Philadelphia Magazine’s "Best of Philly 2012."
The University continues to look at ways to enhance the use of the property and to evaluate options for this historically designated facility.
Last job offers
- Politics - 24.5
Tenure-track assistant professorship in Russian History and Politics
- Arts and Design - 20.5
Full Professor Arts in Society (1.0 fte)
- Arts and Design - 11.5
Universitätsprofessorin / Universitätsprofessor für das Fach Klavier (BV gem. § 98 UG )
- History/Archeology - 26.7
Professur für Didaktik der Geschichte II
- History/Archeology - 22.7
Professur (W2) für Vor- und Frühgeschichte, Kennziffer
- Law/Forensics - 28.7
Chair of Law and the Arts
- History/Archeology - 21.7
Wykeham Professorship of Ancient History
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 22.6
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 22.6