- Medicine - Sep 23 Novartis receives three new FDA approvals for the expanded use of Ilaris treating rare Periodic Fever Syndrome conditions
- Medicine - Sep 23 Compared with Europe, American teens have high rates of illicit drug use
- Careers - Sep 23 Treatment withdrawal from patients in a permanent vegetative state
- Medicine - Sep 23 International grant grows UQ research
- Medicine - Sep 23 Novartis announces positive top- line results from ASCEND-4, a Phase III trial of Zykadia in untreated adult ALK+ NSCLC patients
- Medicine - Sep 23 National Eye Health Week – Grant success for unique stem cell therapy
- Social Sciences - Sep 23 California to lead gun violence research, thanks to this man
- Medicine - Sep 22 No proper treatment without sound diagnostic
- Medicine - Sep 22 Plant- made Antimicrobial Peptide Targets Dental Plaque and Gum Tissues
- Life Sciences - Sep 22 Five young Yale scientists recognized for excellence
- Medicine - Sep 22 5 UW professors among HHMI’s inaugural class of Faculty Scholars
- Medicine - Sep 22 Two named Howard Hughes Medical Institute scholars
- Life Sciences - Sep 22 To produce biopharmaceuticals on demand, just add water
- Medicine - Sep 22 Tackling obesity in Oxfordshire: soups, smartphones and supermarket shopping
- Medicine - Sep 22 Fish stress if they can’t socialise
- Life Sciences - Sep 22 Multifaceted genetic impact of training
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center Recognized by Industry Leaders for Highest Quality, Consistent Car
UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center has one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI ) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
"This award shows our commitment to voluntarily participating in a program that certifies the quality of cancer care at Moores Cancer Center," said Barbara Parker, MD, medical director, Oncology Services, UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. "We value peer-review certification and understand the benefits of using standardized processes to improve the quality of care for our patients."
QOPI is a voluntary, self-assessment and improvement program launched by ASCO in 2006 to help hematology-oncology and medical oncology practices assess the quality of the care they provide to patients. Through the QOPI program, practices abstract data from patients’ records up to twice per year and enter this information into a secure database. UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center is one of 23 academic and community centers receiving the inaugural certification. More than 580 oncology practices have registered in the QOPI program.
"Increasingly educated patients and families demand accountability and the highest standards from cancer care providers," said Douglas W. Blayney, MD, immediate past president of ASCO. "The QOPI certification will allow oncologists in the community to be at the forefront of cancer care, and to be recognized for their quality. The Certification Program will help practices determine whether they are providing the best treatment and care possible to their patients, and demonstrates a commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement in the hematology-oncology outpatient practice."
"UC San Diego Health System is focusing on quality as an institutional initiative," said Steven Plaxe, MD, PhD, director, Gynecologic Oncology and chair of UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center’s Quality Committee. "For our oncology practice to be recognized by the distinguished leadership of ASCO for our initiatives confirms that we are providing excellent cancer care."
QOPI analyzes individual practice data and compares these to more than 80 evidence-based and consensus quality measures. The information is then provided in reports to participating practices. Individual practices are also able to compare their performance to data from other practices across the country. Based on this feedback, doctors and practices can identify areas for improvement.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet standards for quality cancer care.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 15.9
Leiter/in Forschung & Entwicklung Pflege (Professorenstelle)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 15.9
Leiter/in des Studiengangs Master of Science in Pflege
- Architecture - 14.9
Wissenschaftle/r Mitarbeiter/in oder Postdoktorand/in im Bereich Architekturvermittlung
- Life Sciences - 11.9
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 7.9
Software Systems Requirements Engineer - Medical Device
- Business/Economics - 19.8
Faculty Position in Business Analytics
- Business/Economics - 23.9
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor
- Business/Economics - 22.9
Head of Centre and Professor (WSR) in Energy Management and Economics