- Chemistry - Oct 27 Plant ‘thermometer’ triggers springtime budding by measuring night- time heat
- Chemistry - Oct 27 The substances that brighten up the clouds
- Chemistry - Oct 26 Next- generation smartphone battery inspired by the gut
- Physics - Oct 25 3-D- printed structures shrink when heated
- Physics - Oct 24 New Rules for Quasicrystals
- Medicine - Oct 24 Fighting cancer with the power of immunity
- Physics - Oct 20 The quantum sniffer dog
- Chemistry - Oct 19 £1.83m grant for greener, cheaper fuels and chemicals
- Chemistry - Oct 19 Blood molecule key to more efficient batteries
- Chemistry - Oct 19 Making new functional polymers for 3D printers
- Chemistry - Oct 18 ’Bolt of lightning’ captures development of block copolymer
- Chemistry - Oct 17 Grant to help dairy farms avoid setbacks from extreme weather
- Physics - Oct 17 Nanowires as Sensors in New Type of Atomic Force Microscope
- Life Sciences - Oct 14 With designer lignin, biofuels researchers reproduced evolutionary path
- Medicine - Oct 14 Major advance in designer drug development
- Life Sciences - Oct 13 In creation of cellular protein factories, less is sometimes more
Yorkshire Food & Drink Fair
The Yorkshire Food & Drink Fair takes place this year from 11am to 6pm on Tuesday 27 September at Leeds Metropolitan University’s City Campus.
The Fair offers plenty of tasting opportunities and the chance to buy some of the fantastic produce that Yorkshire has to offer.
What's more, The Circus of Food will be demonstrating throughout the day to show you how you can make some mouthwatering recipes.
If you love food and drink, you'll love the Yorkshire Food & Drink Fair and entry is completely free.
Confirmed Food Demo Chefs
12.30 - ASHLEY McCARTHY - Ye Old Sun Inn, Colton
A renowned Yorkshire Chef, Ashley McCarthy, Chef at Colton's Ye Old Sun Inn will start off the day with some mouth-watering recipes.
13.30 - STEPHANIE MOON - Great British Menu 2011
A regular demonstrator at food shows, Stephanie Moon, star of BBC's Great British Menu 2011 will be demonstrating her culinary skills to wet your appetite.
14.30 - TERRY QUINN - Lister Arms, Malham
Having worked in some of Europe's most prestigious kitchens, Terry Quinn, Chef at Malham's The Lister Arms, will be cooking up a storm with some local produce.
15.30 - MARK DALE - Settle Festival / Circus of Food
With over 25 years of experience, Mark Dale will leave you begging for more as he cooks up some good hearty dishes.
- Fudge Kitchen
- The Chilli Jam Man
- Just Williams
- Weatheroak Ostrich Farm
- Curry Cuisine
- The Bespoke Cupcake Company
- Brittain's Real Vodka
- The Yorkshire Forager
- Thistlemist Farm
- Salt's Deli
- The ParsnipShip
- The Miniature Bakery
- Riverford Organic
- Leeds Markets
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 27.10
Research Fellow (molecular Plant Reproduction)
- Chemistry - 26.10
Postdocs in Theoretical Electrocatalysis’ Department of Chemistry’ University of Copenhagen...
- Chemistry - 4.10
UniversitätsassistentIn - Postdoc
- Chemistry - 26.10
Professorship (W2’ 6 years / tenure track) of the Didactics of Chemistry
- Chemistry - 24.10
Juniorprofessur (W1) für Funktionelle aquatische Ökotoxikologie
- Chemistry - 20.10
Research Associate in Visible Light Communication Technology
- Chemistry - 8.9
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Chemistry - 15.9
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Assistant Professor - Department of Chemistry (F1600071)