The UCL Governor Network is an initiative which will provide support and training for UCL staff who serve as governors of schools and colleges, and inspire more staff to take on governor roles.
UCL is launching a Governor Network, to celebrate and support staff throughout UCL who are governors at primary and secondary schools and colleges, and to inspire more staff to take on governor roles.
The network is open to all staff, whether they are existing governors or are interested in finding out more, and will support staff through
- Training and networking events in order to enhance further skills and effectiveness as governors.
- A Moodle site for sharing news, comments, ideas and information
- Boosting governors’ knowledge and confidence by connecting governors to some of the latest research and ideas from the UCL Institute of Education, the world’s leading centre for research and teaching in education
- Ensuring governors have information about relevant UCL activities and processes, such as undergraduate open days
- Connecting staff who are interested in governing with organisations that can help them find a suitable vacancy
- Supporting staff who are new to governing
The launch event will be an opportunity not just to hear more about what the network will offer but also a to have a say in future network events.
Register to attend the event on 18 November
Join the Provost and Professor David Price on Monday 18 November between 4pm and 6pm to celebrate the contribution governors make, network with staff and hear from speakers on the difference the UCL Governor Network will make.
The event is open to governors and non-governors alike. Book your place here.