With the sustainability policy and commitment, Ghent University wants to work on a structural conversion of our fossil society. The sustainability report will be presented on 22/10. From then on, a sustainability theme will be highlighted every week.
Thursday 22/10, 12:00: online presentation of sustainability report
Curious about which measures Ghent University is taking to shape and accelerate the transition to a sustainable society? What results does Ghent University achieve? And how Ghent University wants to further concretize its sustainability vision in new actions in the coming years?
Then the vice-rector and the administrators respond to concerns, suggestions and pleas from some ’challengers’ who scrutinized the sustainability report:
- Director of the European Environment Agency Hans Bruyninckx
- Entrepreneur Thomas Leysen
- Founder of social construction company Re-Vive Nicolas Bearelle
- Initiator of the petition to declare a climate emergency, Joris Meys
- Climate activist Natalie Eggermont
- Capture investigator Korneel Rabaey
- Flemish Minister of Justice and Enforcement, Environment, Energy and Tourism and Zuhal Demir
You too can leave your suggestions on the Facebook page of the Sustainability Office or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
From 10/26 until the Christmas holidays: a sustainability theme in the spotlight every week
Every week, for a specific sustainability theme, the progress of Ghent University and what is planned for the coming years is shown. You are invited to work with Ghent University, and every week ’the Rikske of the week’ is awarded, a sustainability trophy for the department, service or student association that distinguished itself with a sustainability campaign around the theme.
In addition, an online / offline meeting of the Transitie UGent think tank will be organized on Thursday about the specific theme, or interesting speakers will be invited.
All this can be followed on the Facebook page of the Sustainability Office or on www.runtheclimate.be.
Make a note of the theme weeks in your agenda and contribute to a more sustainable university!
- Week 26/10 Energy
- Week 02/11 Social justice
- Week 09/11 Greenery and biodiversity
- Week 11/16 Water
- Week 23/11 Low-disposable student restaurants
- Week 30/11 Sustainability in education
- Week 07/12 Nutrition of the future
- Week 14/12 Sustainable travel policy